My 77 pound weight loss journey

Options
Hello, my name is Jarielis Gusman. I'am 18 years old soon to be 19 I've battled obesity throughout my entire life . October 10th of this year I weighed 230 pounds my weight was interfering with my social life. I couldn't walk because my knees were killing me, my lower back was always in pain, and my self esteem was so low I didn't even want to go out with my boyfriend or even my family. I have challenged myself to work hard and get into shape since then, now I weigh 153 pounds I feel great but in my mind I still believe Im "fat" and still want to continue to lose weight . I feel that i'm always going to be fat in my eyes even though everyone tells me how skinny or great I look . My mom told me to not lose anymore weight because then I would be "too" thin, i don't know why I still believe that I'm fat. I guess I just don't recognize the "new" me yet . It's very challenging to accept my new self .. qwsf8ckhcxcr.jpg

Replies

• jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!!
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow great job! you look awesome! I think pictures speak for themselves, even though your mind is telling you otherwise.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congratulations on all your hard work! It will take a while for the mind to catch up with your body, but you'll get there. Looking at pics like this will help! :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. You have the perfect combo of slimness with curves. I hope you start to see what we all see soon <3
  • qwertymmii
    qwertymmii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have worked hard and it shows. What if you did an inventory of what you lost too? Pain in knees, back, feet? What have you gained? Energy, stamina, not denying yourself that walk up 2 flights of stairs because you could not do it before? Think about what this journey has brought to you. When you started you wanted to be thin and since you have accomplished so much it is time to challenge yourself even more. What was totally out of your comfort zone before that you never even let yourself believe you could do? Dancing lessons? A sport? A part in a play? Volunteer at a children's center? Get out there and find that thing that you didn't even know that you wanted because of the boundaries we all place on ourselves when we "Can't" because of our weight.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you should be proud of yourself you look amazing!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all of your hard work! I've struggled with the feelings you mentioned. Maybe some counseling/therapy could help you accept your new body. It's a huge change and totally normal to have some challenges as you adjust to the life changes and new body :)
  • Jarielisgusman401
    Jarielisgusman401 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your beautiful comments <3 I truly appreciate it :smile: <3
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You did a great job and look absolutely stunning! I'm trying to get to your size as we speak! Keep up the good work.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tell your mind to look at the photo evidence, because you look great. Good job!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! Don't give up on accepting the new you because your mind will catch up with your body change-it will just take a while. Tell yourself how great you are and how good you look every day several times a day and you will accept yourself. And also remind yourself everyday that you were put on this earth for a purpose & you have found your purpose. Your purpose is to help others in their weight loss journey, so keep up the great work that you are doing!! B):)
  • rmw10c
    rmw10c Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great!! How tall are you?
  • Mophead72
    Mophead72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing tiny and curvy bit in the completely right way you should be so proud x I've struggled with my weight all my life and I'm 42 don't let it beat you you beat it hun.
    I've lost 4 stone in 6 months then because I stayed the same got fed up went off rails for 8 weeks gained 8 pounds feel awful so now starting again as I have 3 stone 7 to lose still
    What I'm saying is you have done amazing it hard very be proud x
    How did you do it , and how long did it take x
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You really do look great! Congratulations. You have that natural curvy look that many women die for, and you have managed to bring it out and sculpt it in just the right way!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You are so cute! You look great! Keep going and keep a smile on your face! Don't beat yourself up!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Amazing work woman!
  • kaysmom13
    kaysmom13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!