why are YOU losing weight?!

Options

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My agent said I need to in order to land a role in the next Hollywood blockbuster.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for health and life/career reasons. Last year, I started feeling tingling sensations in my hands and feet. It started to scare me because I've seen a lot of people who've lost limbs to problems from poor circulation and such. I want to live an independent life for as long as possible, so this is why I'm trying to drop down to the healthy weight range for my height.

I haven't felt those sensations in a while. I don't know if it's because of my weight loss or exercise frequency, though, but I'm happy for it.
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    DaveinSK wrote: »
    Because I figured it would be easier to drop the 20 lbs around my waist now and keep it off than take off 50 in another 20 years.

That, and I wanted to get a feel for what I actually eat. I never worried about it before, so I didn't have any idea how many calories I ate in a day. I'm a numbers guy, so I like knowing the data.

I feel the same way
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    forgot to add, I want my boyfriend to say "Dayummmm" everytime i walk past lol
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight to be more healthy and to look a-m-a-zing in a bikini

I was talking to a close friend of mine and she's losing weight because she feels like she can't "keep" a man with the body she has.. wrong reason?

what's yours?
    LOL I thought you meant...Why is my diet actually working, and why is my bodyfat dropping!!

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to be the fattest girl I knew anymore.
    I want to go to mainstream stores and shop for sizes medium and large, not XL or XXL or 1X.
    I want to look great naked and in a bikini.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Aesthetics.

Anyone who tells you they are doing it only to be healthy and they didnt have an impending health issue is not being completely honest...and thats okay.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    might be silly, but weight reduction so I can work towards my goal of a 9 second car in a 1/4 mile!
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Judge me all you want, for the compliments, when i'm at my best weight people often ask me if i'm a model.

Love it
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Mixture of reasons:
    1. For a great before and after pic (currently my motivation)
    2. To look amazing!
    3. To be able to buy a Celeb Boutique dress and totally rock it!
    4. 4 members of my family have passed away (including my dad) of heart related issues early in life - It wont be me!
  • Altagracia220
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm losing weight to be more healthy and to look a-m-a-zing in a bikini

I was talking to a close friend of mine and she's losing weight because she feels like she can't "keep" a man with the body she has.. wrong reason?

what's yours?

I was almost 60lbs overweight and frankly, I didn't care. Rest of my relatives are/were overweight and obese, and I thought that was just my fate in life. I'd also had three kids, and there was a bit of a mental entitlement, because I had 'earned' the right to be at that point (I used to joke about my 'mom jeans' with friends-very much a norm mentality of moms in my area/circles). This mentality is actually pretty popular in culture I think-I've read numerous articles on yahoo etc where women justify being overweight/out of shape because they're moms and they'll 'never get their bodies back'. But they're still going to rock out the bikini at the beach (it always seems to be an article involving swimsuits lol). There's almost a sense of pride? Maybe defiance would be a better word though.

Defiant along with in denial.
  • aorzoff
    aorzoff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My father is a longtime late-night snacker, obese, has always loathed exercise. Has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and now stage IV colon cancer. 2 years of chemo, low quality of life, chemo-fog brain... at 75. Far too young.

I do NOT want to go down that road! 30 lbs overweight but aiming for better health and energy...the aesthetics is a plus (and a major motivator) but not the big goal.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    1. Vanity - I never had a weight problem before age 30
    2. Health - I want to live as long as possible with a good quality of life
    3. My daughter - I want to be a good, healthy example for my daughter
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    To "match" my fit husband. To keep up with my kids. To feel proud of what I see in the mirror. To be able to shop in the normal section of stores/get great clearance deals off the rack. To wear a sexier swimsuit when I go on vacations. Because I have always thought of myself as athletic and fit, but in the last several years I have not actually lived that lifestyle.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Judge me all you want, for the compliments, when i'm at my best weight people often ask me if i'm a model.

Me too.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have 4 herniated disk in my lower back and 2 in my neck as well as degenerative disk disease so unless i shed some weight my spine will just continue to crumble... while my health is my main reason there are other insignificant reasons like not having to shop in the big girl section for clothes that look like 90 year old grandma's. I would also like to get back to my curvy fine self and not this double chinned, tummy rolled heavy "she has such a pretty face" self... ;)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Because I currently look fat, I have a closet full of clothes that DON'T fit, and I also felt much happier about myself when I was skinny. Oh, and health too I guess.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Health, Strength, Vanity... in that order.

Health-- To live a long and healthy life filled with my children and someday grandchildren.

Strength-- Prove it to myself and to my son that mom is STRONG in every single way.

Vanity-- Everyone wants to look good right? Plus, I thoroughly enjoyed it when my sons dad told me "Yes, you're body has changed." He's the kind of guy that doesn't sugar coat or even attempt to put it nicely so hearing this from him means to me that it actually is changing.
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    I have 4 herniated disk in my lower back and 2 in my neck as well as degenerative disk disease so unless i shed some weight my spine will just continue to crumble... while my health is my main reason there are other insignificant reasons like not having to shop in the big girl section for clothes that look like 90 year old grandma's. I would also like to get back to my curvy fine self and not this double chinned, tummy rolled heavy "she has such a pretty face" self... ;)

you can do this you curvy fine girl!! ;)
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1. To look Good
    2. To shop at any store to buy clothes because I don't like it, not because it doesn't fit.
    3. To be a Trophy wife. So people can say, "How did he get her" Not "what is he doing with her."
    4. Not to be embarrass when I see friends that I haven't seen.
    5. To take alot of pictures
    6. To go to the thirt store and get the clothes that no one else can fit, also the clothes on clearance that are a size 4 or 8.
    7. Not to be a statistic in america.