You'd weigh 217.9 lbs in 5 weeks

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
Why is it that it doesnt come true?
I don't change anything I'm doing, MFP says I should be losing faster than I am aaaand.... not happening.

Replies

• Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I believe the key phrase is "If everyday were like today" meaning exact eating and exercise. I haven't managed to do that yet.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Where did you get that picture from?
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Because not every day is like the other. We arent robots!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Where did you get that picture from?

I was wondering the same thing, where do they come from? lol
  • megz4987
    Options
    Generally, my days are the same. fresh veggies and boiled or baked chicken, same breakfast every day. I know what it's telling me today isn't going to happen because I've only had 700cal (but not hungry so I'm not going to bother with the rest, plus my exercise cals is leaving me with close to 900).

My avatar? mvm.com
  • megz4987
    Options
    Because not every day is like the other. We arent robots!

Then they shouldnt give us false hope. what crap.
  • Calorykiller
    Calorykiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's been my experience that there are some other variables. I lost a lot of weight fast watching only calories, but then I platueaed. I thought about it and I figured it may be because I was cheating on my sugar and sodium, even though I was under my calorie goal. I decided not to cheat on my sugar goal for a few days to see what would happen. I lost 5 pounds in 3 days.

I think the guidelines and weight projections are good, but there is no way they can really be accurate.

Let me know if you think that may be your solution and if you try it.
  • megz4987
    Options
    It's been my experience that there are some other variables. I lost a lot of weight fast watching only calories, but then I platueaed. I thought about it and I figured it may be because I was cheating on my sugar and sodium, even though I was under my calorie goal. I decided not to cheat on my sugar goal for a few days to see what would happen. I lost 5 pounds in 3 days.

I think the guidelines and weight projections are good, but there is no way they can really be accurate.

You know, I just went through the last week and a half in myfood log and it sees I'm over in Fat (not by much, most days) in about 95% of the days. The fat usually comes from whole grain bread or eggs. I'll keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks and see what happens. thanks for the suggestion!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It also is going off the "average" person you're weight and goals. There is no such thing as a real "average" person. Some people have a naturally faster (or slower) metabolism, or burn a few more or less calories than others.

The best bet might be to stop looking at it!
  • RaeLynn_3
    RaeLynn_3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I advise is that u need two bump your calorie intake up for 2 or 3 days!! Change your exercise routine up also!! It worked for me when i hit bottom!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

You know, I just went through the last week and a half in myfood log and it sees I'm over in Fat (not by much, most days) in about 95% of the days. The fat usually comes from whole grain bread or eggs. I'll keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks and see what happens. thanks for the suggestion!!

I'd look more at the sugars than the fat.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There are a few people in the forums that this has come true for. Here's one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186406--if-every-day-were-like-today-you-d-weigh-in-5-weeks-it?hl=you'd+weigh+in+5+weeks

If you do a search with the words "in 5 weeks you'd weigh" you'll find others. My food log has told me the exact same weight for almost 2 weeks, so in about 3 weeks, I'm going to see if it's accurate. If it is, I'm going to dance a happy jig!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try staggering your calories. Read: Have a cheat day once a week.

I was plateaued for about 2 weeks, until I binged on a full pizza and 12 pack of beer one night with the guys.

I lost 3 lbs the next day, and have been dropping daily on my normal, healthier diet.