Call me the "Track Master"!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
So, I've been starting a new diet program off and on for pretty much my entire life. I've been up and down but mostly up. Almost every program that I've tried has advised me to track my food intake. Up until 8 days ago when I joined this site, I've never consistently wrote anything down. I've tried food logs, spreadsheets, and apps - nothing has worked, til now. It's gotta be the support and interaction that is here on this site. Like I said, I've only been on for just over a week and have met some really nice people. I'd like to build my friend network. If you'd like support in reaching your goal and would like to help me to stay motivated to reach mine, please add me as a friend and let's make some progress together!

Replies

• CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey Leaner! I was thinking the same thing too... i never tracked my food with weight watchers or any other program ... now i actually look forward to adding it and i like how it tells me how much i can still eat..... not so much that it shows my lack of exercise for the week LOL..... I better get at that now! :) watch for my exercise post!!
  • tfanning1
    tfanning1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Like to have your support as well!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have consistently tracked calories. MFP makes it so easy between the food database and telling me how many calories I have left. The support on these message boards is great too!
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I Love this site. Even though I have only been doing it since friday, I find it very easy to log my food and exercise. I look forward to it and really like how user friendly it is and hope to make new friends. The support here seems great too.
  • cbenn83
    cbenn83 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey there Leaner, I understand and have the same history of not following through on journals. I've been CONSISTANTLY logging for just a little while, but when I started I was surprised at how many calories I was DRINKING. Now I am dedicated to logging so I can see where I need to improve and feel good about days I did well because those days are HUGE accomplishments. It gives me the strength to continue and chose healthier foods. We all have days we binge sometimes purposely and sometimes accidently, but then we can see we're just human:happy: Best of luck to you!