What motivates you?

Options
I'm low on motivation lately as I've hit a plateau. I know I'll get past it but the motivators I've been using just aren't doing the trick anymore. I have a motivation board where I would count down the pounds and it has inspirational sayings, I also have a sign on my bathroom wall that says "make today your *kitten*". Please share your quotes, tools for motivation with me! I will conquer this but it will be easier with a little help.

Replies

• taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh it blurred it out " make today your b1t@h" you get the idea...
  • missingnumero
    missingnumero Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I imagine how big I'd be at my dad's age when I'm losing motivation. I want to be there when my kids graduate high school, I want to keep up with them. I want to be healthy and look good for my future wife. Most of all, I want to live a long happy life. Those are a few things that motivate me. Hope that helps.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within, For me my motivation comes from my commitment and desire to reach a goal.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I tacked up a pair of jeans on my wall that fit me last year! I also keep a picture of myself on my bathroom mirror from Christmas where my face is huge- I look so bloated! Every time I feel like slacking off and not getting to the gym I look at both of those and it reminds me of what I want to accomplish in the long run! Plus I always remind myself it took me 6 months to put on 20 lbs it's definitely going to take me that long to lose it if not longer :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively close to my goal weight, so at this point I'm mainly motivated by being able to add in a few calories at a time to figure out my maintenance before I start to bulk. And being able to keep laughing scornfully at the people who told me my hair would fall out, my nails would become brittle, my organs would shut down, and so on if I didn't start eating the number of calories they recommended at any given time.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Not going back to where I started is all the motivation I need. I've worked too hard and come too far to undo it all.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i sign up for races. they give me deadlines to stay on track with my training and my nutrition.

my motivation comes from seeing the results in the mirror, and in my training. i've gotten faster and stronger on the road and in the pool, and that is what motivates me. not some quote. not some picture. some piece of clothing isn't going to tell me how good i'm doing.

my motivation comes from what i am doing. it comes from inside and it pushes me just like it pushed me in my workout this morning. i had 2600 yards to do in the pool, and just after the warm-up i didn't want to do it anymore. but i kept pushing and did it because on race day i'm going to probably be really glad that i did.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    You can't lose motivation! I believe in you.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday, my unofficial rest day. I think after the weekend and once we get through Monday we could all use a rest!

For motivation set a small goal for yourself, for the day, the week, or the rest of the month. Just pick something you know you can do but don't really want to and make it your b*&^h!

I have done that with exercises I don't like, jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, etc.