Crazy scale or crazy weightloss?

Options
So I've noticed a weird trend on my scale.... I'll weigh myself every 2-3 days and the number will stay exactly the same, then one day I'll be down like 2 or so pounds. My scale shows to the nearest 0.1 so it just seems weird that it wouldn't show the gradual weight loss. New scale time?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    No. This is pretty common.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Your body constantly fluctuates in weight due to numerous factors (especially if you're female). I don't think it's a crazy scale.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear.
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    exactly the same thing happens to me :)
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are a few factors to take into consideration. Do you weigh yourself at the same time every day? Do you weigh before or after eating or drinking anything? Had you eaten more salt than usual the day before etc. Your body weight can fluctuate daily anywhere from 1-5 pounds depending on water weight, eating before weighing, liquid retention etc. Your scale is probably ok. If you want a more "accurate" account of how much you are losing, Try to weigh only once a week. It might help you to see if you are making any progress aside from the usual fluctuations.
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing the same trend when I do my weigh ins. :smile:
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It doesn't fluctuate though... it's a constant downward trend (so I'm not complaining by any means!) It's just that instead of making small decreases overtime it'll be static and then all of a sudden drop.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Fluctuate: vary irregularly
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It doesn't fluctuate though... it's a constant downward trend (so I'm not complaining by any means!) It's just that instead of making small decreases overtime it'll be static and then all of a sudden drop.

It doesnt have to been a gain to be considered flucuating.....its not showing the gradual loss instead just an abrupt drop....so the fluctuation comes on the inbetween days where its not moving. This is normal. Your scale is fine!