also new!

Options
hello!

i just recently joined up and am trying really hard to stay on top of everything. i think a little support would help and since i noticed there's a bunch of newbies, i assume i'll have no trouble finding that. i am 26-years-old and i have been overweight my entire life! a few years back i was doing things right, being healthy and losing weight, then i formed some unhealthy habits and lost a lot of weight. i stopped all of that, as well as smoking cigarettes, and piled the pounds right back on. i am still smaller than i was before i started exercising/eating right the first time, but i am nowhere near healthy or what i would like to be.

so, here's to round two!

i am on my way to being a cosmetologist in new york city, and as much as i hate to admit it and would love for it to be untrue, how YOU look plays a big part in how much people will trust you with THEIR looks. there's even chapters in the text book about it! obviously, i would like to be as successful as possible and would hate for something like my weight to hold me back, but it does, if for no other reason than that i allow it to do so. keeping a food diary is definitely helpful, actually watching all of those little snacks add up is a bit horrifying (in the best possible way), so i think this is definitely a step in the right direction. all i want is to be healthy & not feel so awkward in my own skin!

hoping to find a support system & wishing everyone the best of luck with their goals!

Replies

• witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina,

Welcome to MFP :)

I'm new around here too. I'm also 26..I'm from the UK. I'm going to add you now as I could use some support too! xx
  • ginathebean
    Options
    awesome! new friend! <3
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The beauty of this site is all the support. Friend requests on the way ;-)