Headphones for running??

Options
Japkoo
Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
I have been using my iPhone headphones and they will not stay in my ears!! Anyone have any recommendations? Driving me nuts and I don't want to buy multiple pairs to find good ones.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I can't make any suggestions. I don't run with headphones. Try reading reviews on a running site.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/headphones
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I use a single bluetooth earbud in one ear. I can receive and make calls, listen to music or podcasts, but it stays in place and one ear is wide open for hearing danger.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Sony Active Sports headphones for around $15 or so because I was having the same issues. They go over the ear and adjust to the size of your ear, and I haven't had any problems since.
  • chiefshrop
    Options
    I have LG Bluetooth headphones and I love them. In fact this is my second pair. I use an armband to hold my smartphone and like the simplicity of being able to move to the next song, adjust the volume, answer a call or pause a song by pressing a button on the headset.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue, and now I use two different kinds that solve the issue for me.

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from Outdoor tech called DJ slims and I have a pair of sports earbuds that came with my Pear training system.

The DJ slims are great for any activity when I want to keep my phone in places other than my pocket. They clip tight to my head, no cord, so really convenient. They have full controls for on/off, volume, and track forward/back.

The Pear sports earbuds are like many sports style earbuds, it provides a shape and extra plastic that allows it to secure to the ears better. The earbuds are louder, so it works better when I'm running/walking in noisy areas. The ones I have only have controls for on/off, kind of a drag when I want to change the volume or the track that comes on isn't fitting my groove.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have the over the ear yurbuds. I like them a lot and they stay put for all of my runs and workouts. They even have it base on gender.

http://www.yurbuds.com/en/18earphones#/categories-for_women
  • Neilmickelsen
    Neilmickelsen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought the "Bose" style silicone earbud things for my iPhone earbuds that help keep the buds snug inside your ear. $9 on Amazon and they work like magic.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have been having the same issue.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have some Motorola Bluetooth ones that I've had for a couple years. Sound is good and no cord so don't have that issue when running. I have to charge them about once a week if I am doing less than 30 miles a week.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I use cheap Skull Candy earbuds while running. (I wear only 1 earbud so as to maintain awareness of my surroundings at all times) I feed the cord up my sleeve or bottom of the shirt (depending on how I'm carrying my phone - hand or pocket) and pass it through my sportsbra strap; this allows for some give in the cord so it doesn't pull out of my ear, but not so much that the cord flops everywhere.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I use in-ear monitors. They stay secure and block out a reasonable amount of external noise.
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have Jaybirds. Bluetooth. Best investment I made that year.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    http://www.jabra.co.uk/products/bluetooth/jabra_sport_/jabra_sport_

They don't sound brilliant but they have never fallen out the fit is amazing.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I use wrap around Bluetooth headphones and a flip belt. Those 2 things have made my life so much easier when I run.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I run with either a handkerchief or a buff headband over the ears.
  • ninacarnes9
    ninacarnes9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yurbuds work for me, and I sweat A LOT, had problems with other buds slipping out. Sorry I'm gross, but they are reasonable and they work.
  • AzTriathlete
    AzTriathlete Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the Ironman ear buds. They allow you to hear things going on around you and they lock in to your ear. I've tried several different types of ear buds and head phones. The ironman ones seam to do far better job then the rest. I use mine for running and road cycling
  • JT__99
    JT__99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree on the Yurbuds, I wear them running, cycling, and working out.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I wear a toque when its cold, keeps them in place. In the summer I rarely wear headphones cause I enjoy the sounds of lawnmowers, dogs barking and cars racing by.