but, but...i don't want thunder thighs

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
Sooooo, I was getting ready for work this morning and had to squat to get something off the floor. That's when I saw it....MY THIGHS ARE GETTING HUGE!!! Don't get me wrong; I'm glad they aren't super jiggly anymore, but I don't want thunder thighs =( I've always had thighs that were on the "larger side", but never because of muscle (lol). Anyone have any experience with this and how I can have more lean muscle in my thighs, rather than bulky muscle???

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Muscle it up woman!!! Squats, lunges, weighted lunges, weighted leg lifts, more squats, and work those quads!!!
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with that info BUT I will say you do not look like you have thunder thighs. I know when we all look at ourselves, we are much more critical, but you look great! I say keep up the good work, and work it. :) Good job!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    From my perspective...you look amazing!
  • angelajwms
    angelajwms Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    running is the absolute best to sculpt muscles and burn fat. if you have a pure barre class in your area, thats another great option in addition to running.
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    you dont have thunder thighs lady......maybe more cardio, dont lift heavy, light weight high reps for toning
    check out this nike ad for women and thunder thighs.....its empowering

"I have Thunder Thighs
    and that's a compliment because they are strong and toned and muscular
    and though they're unwelcomed in the petite section
    they are cheered on in marathons.

50 years from now, I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thighs
    and then I'll go out for a run.

(Just do it - Nike)"
    http://www.runnerspace.com/photos.php?photo_id=1611-Nike-quot-Butt-quot-Ad
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have thunder thighs that are ALL muscle. Seriously. They don't jiggle or anything but they ARE big. It is from running. My mom's side of the family seems to be known for their larger thighs - my mom said in high school she was a runner and while she was thin .. her thighs were all muscle and huge.

I've given up trying to figure out how to make them smaller -- nothing has worked.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone; I will take these things into consideration!