Tea for one

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Lately been discovering the awsomeness of tea - filling and distracting from eating bad foods. Keen to try different types though, so what is your favorite?

I have been having: black tea, green tea (strawberry infused) and peppermint.

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink "normal tea" (tetley, pg tips, twinings etc with a bit of milk) but definitely I've had cups instead of a snack and it's such a better choice in a coffee shop than syrup latte. Also coffee gives me bad guts.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea-aholic. I love it! I usually drink Yorkshire (black-breakfast blend). If I'm feeling wild, I'll have some chai, or other flavoured tea. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love tea and get very adventurous with it. My current go-to teas are lemongrass and ginger, and a roasted barley chai. I'm also very fond of Green Chili Chai, a blend of green tea with cardamom, black pepper, chili, ginger and cloves. I also have French Earl Grey, regular Earl Grey, orange peyoke, and a number of tisanes.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to spicy tea. My go-to teas are either black or green chai tea mixed with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea. The Bengal Spice doesn't actually have any tea in it, it's a mix of roasted carob, chickory and spices. So delicious!
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    C.S. Lewis Blend from teaembassy.com is my absolute favorite:
    http://www.teaembassy.com/c-s-lewis-blend/
    It's an Irish breakfast, black tea blend. When I don't have it in the house, I also enjoy Twinnings Irish Breakfast tea.

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am loving this Honey Camomile tea by Celestial Seasonings. They have some great flavors, like a True Blueberry, and I love their Sleepytime-they make one that is lightly mentholated that I drink when I have a cold or my allergies are bothering me. If I want caffeine, they had an awesome harvest pumpkin flavored one (black tea).
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love tea! Most of all, green tea (sencha, matcha, genmaicha) but also really like white tea or oolong.
    My favorite ever is a heavenly scented blend by Mariage Frères from Paris : Thé des Impressionistes. A green tea with white flowers and an indiscribable scent.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 kinds of tea in my drawer at work. Among my favorites are licorice spice, jasmine and peppermint.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love to experiment with different teas. I'll drink just about anything that doesn't contain cinnamon (allergy). My current favorite is a loose leaf tea I bought at a festival that contains black tea, vanilla bean and rose petals. Its amazing, but I doubt you'd be able to buy it anywhere.

Here's a few good ones though:

Stash - Premium Green Tea
    Tazo - Passion Tea
    Trader Joe's - Pomegranate White Tea
    Lipton - Blackberry Black Tea
    Lipton - Harvest Strawberry & Passion Fruit Black Tea (might be discontinued)
    Celestial Seasonings -Raspberry Zinger Herbal Tea
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live or if there is anything like this around you but where I'm at one of our farmers markets during the summer has a stand where this lady sells tea that she grows all the ingredients of and puts together herself. It's awesome. Best tea I've had. Maybe see if you can find some locally grown/made tea and start working your way through the different types they have.

I also drink it with local raw honey. Good stuff.
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yogi makes a wonderful green tea called Blueberry Slim Life. I also love Trader Joes Vanilla & Cinnamon black tea, but it is seasonal, so I have to stock up in the winter.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    And now I want tea sandwiches and scones to go with the cup of tea I am drinking...
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Peppermint, Well-Rested, and Candy cane green tea

Celestial seasonings Wild Berry Zinger

Dandelion (forgot the brand I use)

Yogi ginger

Any Chai!

• AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Waikiki Tropical Black Tea. Yummy
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love love love Egyptian licorice :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just visited Glenn's Tea Shoppe, a gem here in central Alberta, and came back with several tea balls, Jasmine and 1,000 day flower, and "Cloud Forest Rainbow White Tea" and Vanilla Chai from the Metropolitan Tea Company.

1000-day-flower-tea_Amaranth-Blossom.jpg
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've currently got Earl Grey in the pot. With a slice of lemon - good stuff
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I just visited Glenn's Tea Shoppe, a gem here in central Alberta, and came back with several tea balls, Jasmine and 1,000 day flower, and "Cloud Forest Rainbow White Tea" and Vanilla Chai from the Metropolitan Tea Company.

What is 1,000 day flower? looks amazing
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    chatnel wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »

What is 1,000 day flower? looks amazing

Wondering the same thing...super intrigued.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Tea is my current obsession, lol. I prefer to buy loose leaf as it's generally cheaper and better quality. I love earl grey, or lavender earl grey (sometimes called lady grey). Chai, chai blends or flavored chais are great. I have this delicious tea called Marie Antoinette's rose tea that is to die for. I'm also a big fan of the Winter Dream tea from Coffee Bean- I usually buy a couple tins in the winter and make it last throughout the year.

I really like Bird Pick to buy tea from, though I'm not sure how many locations there are.