Looking for new protein powder

Options
whats a good protein powder??

Replies

• kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, chocolate.

Note that my criteria for choosing stuff like this usually boils down to, "Does it taste good?"
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've never been particularly choosy about my protein powder and place the highest emphasis on value because I tend to have shakes frequently. I get the Target Market Pantry Whey Protein Powder and think it tastes just fine. They have chocolate and vanilla - I prefer their vanilla but have liked both. Both taste better when combined with some sort of milk - cashew, almond, soy, or dairy - vs. water. I get mine for $19 for 23 servings, each serving contains ~150 calories, 2.5g fat, 80mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 2g sugar, and 25g proten.
  • klnor88
    klnor88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Isopure because it's the first one that hasn't caused stomach discomfort for me.
  • tofinochris
    Options
    Second Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Mixes amazingly, tastes good (double rich chocolate is my favourite, other flavours are fine), low sugar/carb. Plus some testing of protein powders from a year or so ago showed that ON stuff actually had as much protein as it said on the label unlike a bunch of cheaper brands. Amazon's got the 5 pounder for $58. Spend the money and know what you're getting I say.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    kampshoff wrote: »
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, chocolate.

Note that my criteria for choosing stuff like this usually boils down to, "Does it taste good?"
    My choice for years now. I also use their NitroCore 24.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I used to always go for the chocolate flavor in whatever brand I was trying because...chocolate. I've found vanilla is actually usually better.

The above suggestions for brands are good
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    ON Extreme Milk Chocolate
    tastes like hot cocoa. I think it's a lot better than the Double Rich Chocolate
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Peanut Butter.

• trpeppin
    trpeppin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the Target Market Pantry Whey Protein Powder chocolate. Inexpensive and doesn't upset my stomach.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Whey Isolate in Vanilla, mixes good, tastes good and for 130 calories you get 30 grams of protein. Not many others can match that. Isopure can but is more expensive.
  • ScottCarlson509
    ScottCarlson509 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks bro
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    don't know where you are located but I recently bought from CanadianProtein.com - chocolate/peanut butter, cookies & cream and cappuccino. love them!! I also use President's Choice chocolate, vanilla and strawberry but needed a change. I will be ordering more flavours from canadianprotein
  • sarabahreini
    sarabahreini Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use the Vega Sport Chocolate protein powder, and in my opinion it's the best I could find!!!
  • Michellestrat
    Options
    I second, third, or whatever on the gold standard whey but cookies n cream! I take it after workouts and it's just as good with water as it is with milk, almond milk, etc. I also cook with it. Low cal and good amount of protein. Makes some killer protein pancakes! Also use ON amino energy preworkout. Good stuff
  • antclay01
    Options
    Dramatize isolate 100 tastes the best but the cost is high. There's a company called MYPROTIEN @myprotien.com they have great tasting, low ingredients, good macros and great price and deals.
  • antclay01
    Options
    Sorry not Dramatize its. Dymatize iso100
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you're i the US, truenutrition.com allows you to make custom blends.
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I go with Matrix when it's cheap on Groupon, and MyProtein the rest of the time (Student Discount :3 ).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Trutein.
  • TabithaNichole
    TabithaNichole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    antclay01 wrote: »
    Dramatize isolate 100 tastes the best but the cost is high. There's a company called MYPROTIEN @myprotien.com they have great tasting, low ingredients, good macros and great price and deals.
    I second this. I also adore MuscleTech Nitro Tech in chocolate and their Phase8.