165 pounds i wanna be 180lbs

Options
I am male 19 yrs old. 2.3k calories a day I need 500 more calories need something to add to my protein shake to help that. I am buyying serious mass in July when I can afford it. I am a student

Replies

• calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Peanut butter, fuller fat milk, flax seed oil/coconut oil
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Whole milk
    Anything that is high in fat will be high in calories.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'd just eat bacon with it. If not, the other suggestions with peanut butter, etc. are good. Look just to add some fat to your diet. Avocados, nuts, oils.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • karrysalexi
    karrysalexi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am male 19 yrs old. 2.3k calories a day I need 500 more calories need something to add to my protein shake to help that. I am buyying serious mass in July when I can afford it. I am a student

I consume over 4000 calories a day and weigh 162 pounds right now. What I would recommend is more than 2,300 calories. 2300 is enough for maintenance but if you want to add muscle and weight fast spike protein levels and carbs than add in healthy fats like avocados and olive oil. I also use Creatine Monohydrate to give muscles water retention. For your goal I would recommend 5,000 calories a day to get started.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, I'd just eat bacon with it. If not, the other suggestions with peanut butter, etc. are good. Look just to add some fat to your diet. Avocados, nuts, oils.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Why so elitist?! Bacon with peanut butter!
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am

I consume over 4000 calories a day and weigh 162 pounds right now. What I would recommend is more than 2,300 calories. 2300 is enough for maintenance but if you want to add muscle and weight fast spike protein levels and carbs than add in healthy fats like avocados and olive oil. I also use Creatine Monohydrate to give muscles water retention. For your goal I would recommend 5,000 calories a day to get started.

I am a student I can't buy that much food that's why I try to get 2.3k
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Peanut butter, fuller fat milk, flax seed oil/coconut oil
    coconut oil in post workout? Does it taste nice also?

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Do you currently track your calories? Open your diary for decent, relevant meal replacement ideas.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Peanut buttah fo DAYZ :sunglasses:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

5000? You know nothing about the OP's TDEE. Men can gain approx half a pound of muscle a week, so best bet is adding 3500 extra cals on top of tdee per week or 500 per day, that will give him a pound a week gain (fat gain is unavoidable, full stop).
    If he's maintaining at 2300 per day (correct OP?) then 2800-3000 is right..

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

I really need you in my life...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    nut butters, nuts, avocados, more meat, FOOD.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Why so elitist?! Bacon with peanut butter!

my mom used to make me pb and bacon sandwiches on toast before hockey games. idk if it helped me at all but goddamn theyre delicious.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

I really need you in my life...

This thread caused me to make peanut butter my dinner. <3
  • nerdygymrat9
    nerdygymrat9 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everyone else, peanut butter for the win! Also, lightly salted almonds are an awesome snack! And a little ice cream never hurts either ;)
  • powerstaxx
    Options
    I'm gonna round off numbers here.But protein and carbs are both at 4 calories per gram,while fat is 9 calories per gram.
    So adding fats will easily bump up calories.However,I would suggest healthy fats like avocado,nuts,mct oil ( pure medium chain triglicerides )
    But my biggest suggestion would be to increase your daily calorie intake.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can try different oils that are calorie dense (like olive oil) in your protein shakes to add more calories.
  • karrysalexi
    karrysalexi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am

I am a student I can't buy that much food that's why I try to get 2.3k

I am a student too but if you truly want to change your body 2,300 calories is not going to cut it. As far muscle development goes your intake is only enough to keep them operating but thermodynamics is the key. Calories in calories out.