Best Workout Programs??

Options
Hey all, I have been looking into several different workout programs but there are so many that seem to be popular. Can I get some opinions on Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, P90X, and Piyo. I do have bad knees so I left out Insanity cause it seems to have a lot of jumping? I want a hard workout that gets quick results. Thanks:)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    All Beach Body programs (which are good) but there are many other out there for free.

So what is the best program? The one you will and can do for life. If it's a program you can't do, regardless of how great it sounds, it's not the best program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DeonnPaul
    DeonnPaul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You should go with PiYo. All the workouts are low impact, and none of them have any jumping or bouncing around. I believe there are eight or nine workouts, and it is a sixty day program. You can watch a video clip on the beach body website too. The workouts are still intense though, so check out some clips before buying. Pick something appropriate for your fitness level or you won't stick with it!
  • J187
    J187 Posts: 11
    Options
    3-25 Fitness challenge!!!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I didn't like PiYo at all. Tok yogaish for me. Personally I LOVE Les mills Pump and Les Mills combat. Turbo fire was too dancy for me.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program
  • Miarim1
    Miarim1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For girls the venus factor is the best check this out http://bit.ly/1IMpq7b
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I also have bad knees and hurt my knee doing insanity after a couple of months - this put me or if action for several weeks and undid all my god work! I now swear by les mills body pump and body combat plus group circuit training at the gym and group cycle (spinning).
    Don't waste lots of money on expensive programmes - there is so much out there for free - look on YouTube if you are motivated to do it at home or find a gym with reasonably priced membership and a program that suits you if you need the social aspect (I definitely do)!
    Good luck with whatever to choose and as others have said - the right workout for you is the one you will keep doing.