Any Cysters on here? (PCOS)

Options
Hey Ladies, I'm 21 years old, and I was wondering if anyone on here had polycystic ovarian syndrome? I was diagnosed with it when I was 17, but I've struggled with it my entire life. Add me, Cysters!

Replies

• cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed 2006!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Try the http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis group here on mfp. Lots of PCOS women with great success stories, diet info, suppliment info ect! You will also find some good friend requests there.
  • SaoirseLass
    SaoirseLass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just started on here. Diagnosed at 18, now 37. Thanks for shout out and tip of community
  • LornaDoone59
    LornaDoone59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed at 16, am currently 24. Hard to believe that its been 8 years
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I'm 21 years old, and I was wondering if anyone on here had polycystic ovarian syndrome? I was diagnosed with it when I was 17, but I've struggled with it my entire life. Add me, Cysters!

Was that a pun?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My sister just found out she was diagnosed with PCOS, any practical advice I can give her would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Cyster here - diagnosed in 2005. Trying to lose weight to help manage it!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    MFD7576 wrote: »

Was that a pun?

"Cyster" (sister, obv.) is a pretty common term used among PCOS women.
  • hbaer88
    hbaer88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am Heather diagnosed 4yrs ago with pcos. Always looking for more friends, add me.
  • StrivingForaPerfectfit
    Options
    I was diagnosed 5 years ago in June at 15 years old and have been battling it ever since! I have gotten some of the symptoms under control (well, one huge one, anyway) after losing quite a bit of weight. Now if I could find the right eating habits to keep it going!

I'm always here to support others who have this condition as well!

• Harleyb87
    Harleyb87 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Same boat for about 7 years now
  • airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed at 16, now 27! So glad to know I am not alone!! :)
  • Miss_Cherry_on_top
    Miss_Cherry_on_top Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed in 2010 and I also have insulin resistance. Fun Fun! :neutral:
  • darlenelaurel
    darlenelaurel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel totally new to this. I was diagnosed in October of last year after all the symptoms plus the delightful weight gain.
    I'm 21 as well!