okay, nevermind.
bad word choice.
ignore this post
i can't figure out how to delete it.

Replies

• Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow If that's not preassure I don't know what is! Just stay strong eat healthy and excersize! The weight will come off! As for my inspirations,there names are short shorts and tankini ;)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just wanted you to know that "thinspiration" is a term often associated with pro-ana/pro-mia/pro-ED... And, so is that second picture you posted; thus the "please go to bed feeling empty."
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Your thinspiration is quite sad... I think your goal should be to get healthy - the weight loss will come in time with eating right and working out.
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Be careful.... if you starve yourself, it could have long term effects,...including gaining all the weight you lost right back.

Just say no to ED's!!!
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    Just wanted you to know that "thinspiration" is a term often associated with pro-ana/pro-mia/pro-ED... And, so is that second picture you posted; thus the "please go to bed feeling empty."

i mean to some people it might be, but to me it honestly helps. Usually when i'm "hungry" (ie bored) i take my food up to my room, when i see this i know that if i stay with it i can look like that.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hon thinspiration.com is a pro-ana websight used be people who are for anorexia. that picture you have is used to encourage anorexics to eat less. do you sturggle with anorexia? message me if you do.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I feel good inside when I treat my body well, fueling it with nutritious and delicious foods, and exercising strenuously, really feeling my heart pumping. It makes me feel strong, confident, empowered, sexy. It might be helpful to talk to someone about your self-image. You are so much more than what you look like.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

i mean to some people it might be, but to me it honestly helps. Usually when i'm "hungry" (ie bored) i take my food up to my room, when i see this i know that if i stay with it i can look like that.

Gotcha. :) Just wanted you to know. I'm currently struggling with an ED of some type at the moment. Anyways:

tumblr_lkt96rO4Ce1qbixobo1_400.jpg

My "thinspiration". (Keep in mind I'm 16, lol, so, yeah this is kinda what I want)
  • caitiecait
    caitiecait Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, the term "thinspiration" has fairly negative connotations, and that second photo is part of an incredibly sad tumblr.
    As for my inspiration, frankly, I just want to be healthy, and to end the cycle of being overweight that runs in my family.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    MFP is weird about "thinspiration"...they like "fitspo" better :)

No worries, like you, I looked at those types of mantras throughout my journey and am no where near Ana or Mia, I like eating! lol They are simply blunt motivators that shock you into some sense, like your 'bored eating' example. Yet, for the weak minded/influential they can be mistaken for reality and used for more than initially intended...i.e. to inspire or motivate someone to put the damn cookie down.

Best of luck in your goals!!!
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    MFP is weird about "thinspiration"...they like "fitspo" better :)

No worries, like you, I looked at those types of mantras throughout my journey and am no where near Ana or Mia, I like eating! lol They are simply blunt motivators that shock you into some sense, like your 'bored eating' example. Yet, for the weak minded/influential they can be mistaken for reality and used for more than initially intended...i.e. to inspire or motivate someone to put the damn cookie down.

Best of luck in your goals!!!

thank you so much <3