college student who needs help

Options
I am a 21 year old, 5'6, and I weigh 166 pounds! I've been struggling to lose weight for years now. Last year I paid a PT $200 to meet every Friday for an hour for 4 weeks and I saw results kind of but I quickly gained that weight back. I'm emotionally and physically tired of looking down at my stomach and looking like I'm 4 months pregnant and it's nothing but FAT! If anyone can PLEASE give me some tips or help I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than you burn. Exercise when you can. Easy game.
  • AE_18
    AE_18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So if I burn 1200 (just throwing a number out there) I would have to eat less than that?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes. But you are going to burn more than that for sure. Enter your profile into MFP along with activity level and weight loss goal and eat to calorie goal given. Be precise in your calorie logging (so you don't have to create a "What am I doing Wrong?" thread). Weigh all the food you can to get correct serving size.

Exercise is great but not mandatory. If you do exercise you can eat back those calories or just bank them to lose weight faster.

It's a very simple game. Just don't make it harder than what it is. It sucks having to lose weight but it's payment for past mistakes.
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too and I've lost more weight here than I ever would have at home. Is your school catered by Sodexo or another company whose food would be in the database? That's what I subsist on. Also, does your school have a gym that's open to students? If not, you could jog around campus, if it's safe enough.
    It's definitely hard at times, but it's most definitely doable!
    Feel free to add me if you have more pointed questions!