I need serious support and Don't know where to turn..

Options
jdres
jdres Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi to whoever stumbles upon this!

I've been battling with weight issues for several years. It was not until a year ago that I developed a binge eating disorder. I've rapidly put on weight and it keeps coming on.

I live with my family who refuses to change their lifestyle and says if I want to eat better then I should, but they won't stop buying treats because of me. They believe that the environment doesn't matter. Which hurts, but whatever.

Anyways, I'm on my own. Tonight I came home from work at 10 and had a bowl of Peas with oil and dill. Then I had zaziki. Then I had grapes. Then rice cakes. Then Cadbury eggs. Then jelly beans. Then two hard boiled eggs. Then maple walnut fudge. Then mashed potatoes. Then a bite of steak and cheese. Then oatmeal cookies. Then chocolate chips cookies. Then Greek cookies.

I thought keeping a diary would help but it does not. I fall into a hole and just binge until I'm uncomfortably full. I don't go out, I don't meet new people because I'm ashamed.

I was wondering if anyone else dealt with this.. How did you overcome it? I don't want to spend this summer crying and hiding again.

SOS

Replies

• Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awe I'm sorry you're feeling so down. :/ The change has to begin with you though. It's mental. You want to change but you have to make the decision to NOT eat those treats. Or try to start with moderation. I am a junk food JUNKIE. if I could have chocolate or cookies for every meal all day, I would. It starts to get easier once you get used to turning the junk food away.
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read Geneen Roth's books? "When Food is Love" is really good. Sometime we just aren't ready for a change yet, but sometimes understanding that you are just trying any way you can to nurture yourself is helpful. We just need to find different ways to take care of ourselves. Still trying to learn this myself!
  • mthom84
    mthom84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    An eating disorder may be more than you can handle on your own. I just checked and there is a national eating disorder helpline and website. I googled it and it was right there. Lots of Information on help that's available if you need it.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Having the support definitely helps but if you can't get it at home look for other sources. Such as online or maybe speaking to your doctor. For myself I've seeked help via a councillor at a couple of different times in my life and it did helped. It taught me to identify the reasons on why I binged and ways to tackle it.

In the end I learnt that no matter what other people are doing, saying or eating it's my choice.

Good luck