Hello! I just joined!

Options
Hello everyone! Thanks to a friend of mine, Nikki2Fit, I have joined the MFP. I am so excited about taking this journey to a better lifestyle. I have been overweight for many years. My current weight is 266 lbs, my highest weight ever! I am 26 years old and only 5'4. My motivation is my daughter and husband. I want to be here as long as possible for them.

Two years ago, my daughter's biological father died from a heart attack at the early age of 28. You would think that would have been a wake up call for me to get healthy, but I actually went into a depression and gained weight. Then this past October, on my WEDDING DAY, my father passed away, exactly 2 hours after I got married. That was the most difficult time for me. I drowned all of my pain thru eating.

My wake up call was the other day: I was walking up the steps to my apartment and I was so out of breath. I couldnt take it any more! Then I got on facebook and Nikki2Fit posted before and after pics of her weight loss. I was so motivated. Yesterday after work, me and my 6 year old daughter went to the new gym that opened down the street from and I joined. When we left out, she gave me the biggest hug and said "Mommy, u are already beautiful, but now u will be healthy AND beautiful!". THAT WAS ENOUGH MOTIVATION FOR ME.

My goal is to lose a total of 80 lbs. I can already see all of the motivation that is given on this website. I am happy I joined and cant wait to make new friends!

Replies

• sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Best of luck...send a request.
  • Mrs_Brackett
    Mrs_Brackett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This site has become the best tool for me for weight loss. The support you can get is amazing!
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    Good luck to you! my brother was 34 when he had his stroked and passed away at 39. my dad was 35 with his first heart attack. passed away at 61. and my mom was 41 when she had three strokes back to back. my daughters biological father was 29 when he died of cardiac arrest, so I know what you're saying.

MFP has been the best place for motivation for me. The support is unbelievable. Again welcome and good luck to you!
  • Ninky45
    Ninky45 Posts: 1
    Options
    You will do this I can tell from what you have experienced!!!!!!! Good Luck to you!!!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love this website!!! I totally owe EVERY lb. I've lost to it! It is so nice that everyone here is super supportive. Good luck to you!
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! With the support you get here, you will do great! Sending you a friend request!
  • MrsHoward1012
    Options
    Good luck to you! my brother was 34 when he had his stroked and passed away at 39. my dad was 35 with his first heart attack. passed away at 61. and my mom was 41 when she had three strokes back to back. my daughters biological father was 29 when he died of cardiac arrest, so I know what you're saying.

MFP has been the best place for motivation for me. The support is unbelievable. Again welcome and good luck to you!

OMG! I am so sorry for the great loss that you have experienced. Thank u for the support
  • McIntyredi
    McIntyredi Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! I just got filled up with your introduction! I also just joined. You have been through quite a lot. The most important thing is that you've begun! Congratulations! I lost my Mother almost 2 years ago after a long illness that was painful to watch. Depression and eating can go hand in hand but you're headed down a different path. I've been actively logging my weight for 3 weeks and the mind/body connection has made such a difference. I'm accountable to myself and its so much easier to make better choices when logging them in. I was very successful with a different program about 3 years ago. But this one is free and not so much better. Your daughter sure is a sweetheart! I've found that I'm just feeling better about myself because I know I am making an effort instead of staying in denial. That feeling alone is motivating! Best of luck!!!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Support is here if you want or need it. There is magic in journaling and encouraging others. You can do this! :drinker: :drinker:
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so sorry for all that has happened with you, but it's time for a "new attitude" (yes, Patti Labele). Come join my weight loss challenge I just started - "Battle of the Bulge Summer Slimdown"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239075-battle-of-the-bulge-summer-weight-loss-challenge-whose

we're up to over 80 people and we're doing fun stuff, challenges, songs, and tips daily to get everyone repumped and ready to reach their goals! I think seeing my Day 3, Wed, May 18th songs of the day will get you going!!! God Bless!
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok, i am such a cry baby. I knew all of this and still i am in tears. I admire your strength and courage to always dust yourself off and get back up. Youve been an inspiration to me for many years even the ones where we'd lost touch. I am honored that youve chosen to start and share this journey with me. We will celebrate together when we reach our goals and take the world by storm. Luv u girl!
  • MrsHoward1012
    Options
    Ok, i am such a cry baby. I knew all of this and still i am in tears. I admire your strength and courage to always dust yourself off and get back up. Youve been an inspiration to me for many years even the ones where we'd lost touch. I am honored that youve chosen to start and share this journey with me. We will celebrate together when we reach our goals and take the world by storm. Luv u girl!

Nikki U are such an inspiration to me and I feel that God made it for us to get back in touch with each other. It is a wonderful feeling to have wonderful people that are supportive.

THANK U EVERYONE!!
  • MrsHoward1012
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so sorry for all that has happened with you, but it's time for a "new attitude" (yes, Patti Labele). Come join my weight loss challenge I just started - "Battle of the Bulge Summer Slimdown"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239075-battle-of-the-bulge-summer-weight-loss-challenge-whose

we're up to over 80 people and we're doing fun stuff, challenges, songs, and tips daily to get everyone repumped and ready to reach their goals! I think seeing my Day 3, Wed, May 18th songs of the day will get you going!!! God Bless!

Thank u! I will try the challange