Need Help strength programs?

HI I am a super busy mom of 3. I do not have access to a gym or any plans of purchasing large equipment for my home.
I read all about the strong lifts and similar programs and was wondering if there are any that can be done at home without machines and large equipment. I can purchase heavy weights if thats whats needed.

I am currently doing more cardio with light weights like the Firm with lots of squats and lunges. I only use 5-8lb weights and a 12 lb bar.

any recs for a program using just dumbells/barbells ?

Replies

• migueljv
    migueljv Posts: 1 Member
    Hi the work outs that you are doing can be done with dumbbells you just kneed to purchase a set of maybe 25 to 30 pounds set.You can incorporate them with your lunges squats and even do goblet squats with them along with upper body work outs .Such as your arms shoulders and back dumbbells are universal and maybe used to do a whole body work out.You may also purchases a set of dumbbells with adjustable weight so that you can change the weight later on . A web site with good information about exercise and videos to demonstrate the proper way of doing them is called body building .com.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    Right now I'm doing NROLFW at home with dumbbells. I use a resistance band for the lat pull. You'll prob need to get heavier dumbbells but could start with what you have.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Thank you. Im.going to check out that program and get to sports authority
  • Sophiasmomma
    edited April 2015
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Right now I'm doing NROLFW at home with dumbbells. I use a resistance band for the lat pull. You'll prob need to get heavier dumbbells but could start with what you have.

Forgive me but what does NROLFW Stand for lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Thank you ;)