Weight Watchers Week 10 -5.6lbs, total -34.2lbs.

Options
Pseudocyber
Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
Weight Watchers Week 10: -5.6 for the week, -34.2lbs total. SW:265, CW:231.4 GW:150

Replies

• Foxiladiw3
    Foxiladiw3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm curious, besides the point system, what are the big differences between the weight watchers website and MFP?
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm curious, besides the point system, what are the big differences between the weight watchers website and MFP?
    [/quote]

I've done WW online and besides the website having more options, the points I was allowed per day is the same amount of calories as MFP. It's just a different way of tracking your food.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I've done WW online and besides the website having more options, the points I was allowed per day is the same amount of calories as MFP. It's just a different way of tracking your food.
    [/quote]
    Honestly, I think I'm getting the results from 1100 calorie tracking in MFP instead of the Points Plus in WW. I started at 52 points plus, and I'm down to 46 with 49 allowed extra per week, and I earn another 40 usually from exercise.

I hardly ever go above 25 points in WW, and always have points left over each day - never touch the weekly points, and don't eat the exercise points.

WW says not to count calories. But I think that's because they try to keep their points calculation algorithm secret. I think if someone watches the calories, and when they do eat them they focus on nutrietion, then they could do it themselves. Especially with a forum like this - with support from the online community instead of the meetings. I just started out there, I like the food I can only get at meetings, and am trying to encourage my wife to stick with it by going to the WW meetings.
  • veroneekag
    veroneekag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am also kind of doing both... I LOVE MFP's app for quick entry of what I am eating when I am away from the computer, although the WW app isn't much more difficult (since you only have to know the numbers for fat, carbs, protein and fiber)... BUT the benefit of using MFP is that there is a HUGE database already available, and it is accurate most of the time! So, say I am at a friends house, and I don't have access to the food label... I look it up in MFP, and then later (or right then depending on the scenario) plug those numbers into the WW app to figure out my points...

I am sorta trying it all!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!

And I am with you, there are many tools to help us humans eat the right amount of the right things.

Another key to success is the mindset of the human. I think MFP is a tremendous help with that.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers last year and lost 14lbs, but I started again in February on their new pro points system and I didnt lose anything for 7 weeks!

Thats when I decided to come to MFP and since then ive lost 9lbs!

The pro points system just didnt work for me and I dont really understand the reason why. Maybe I found it harder to track points instead of calories?

All in all I think MFP is much better, the support is better, the tracking of calories and exercise seems more accurate, and best of all, ITS FREE!

Congrats to you though on losing the weight :) its more than I could manage!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!