Not hungry some days

Options
Some days I'm just not very hungry and have trouble reaching 1200 calories. Other days I'm hungry constantly. Anyone know why this happens. I'm not eating anything different that may be more filling on the days I'm not hungry.

Replies

• bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    This also happens to me, you could concentrate on your calorie goals for the week rather than by the day. This way, you can listen to your body...and that has to be good, right? :)
  • allybtucker
    allybtucker Posts: 91
    Options
    Just the other day I was trying to put into words that same exact thing. I don't know what causes it, but the more I exercise, the less hungry I seem. Days I don't exercise, I want to nibble all day. Very strange...
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is totally me today!! I haven't had much today at all! Just NOT hungry!!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    You eat 4-6 times a day every 2 to 3 hours. You won't have hunger swings...
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way, but, I decided just to listen to my body and feed it - healthy choices, but, obviously I'm hungry for a reason. On those days that I'm not, I eat what I can, when I can, as healthy as possible, and move on knowing I will, eventually, be hungry and there's no sense in forcing myself to eat!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You eat 4-6 times a day every 2 to 3 hours. You won't have hunger swings...

I do that, most days, but there are still some days I am a total bottomless pit!
  • jkakins86
    jkakins86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking the same thing. On days I exercise I am just not as hungry and have a hard time reaching the 1200 calories, but on my days off from the gym I am so starving after I've hit my 1200 for the day and I feel miserable wanting more food.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im the same way, I wish I knew why. Most of the time Im hungry when I havent exercised and can't eat more, but I have a hard time eating my calories when I do workout. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me. Who knows..
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i've been doing awesome for 2 weeks, and lately find myself not hungry AT ALL. it's hard for me to eat so i haven't exercised the past few days because i don't know how i could consume any more calories than i am right now!
  • ahweber
    ahweber Posts: 3
    Options
    How ironic that I was just pondering the same thing. I just finished up my second work out class for the day and had a hard time finishing my snack! I am still 20 calories short of even 1200, so do i go get something else or do I just say i am done for the day? I think the body is a wonderful (yet sometimes frustrating machine). I think you body, and mine, are telling us to go ahead and be done for the day. I mean when you are seriously hurting from a work out you don't keep doing the same thing for fear of it hurting yourself, so you are listening to your body. So why can't the same thing be done with food. Your body will tell you when enough is enough. I think for so long that was the problem and what made me fat! Listen to you body, and like someone previously said focus on the weekly goal and not the daily!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have found myself naturally "zig zagging" my calories. Some days I just need more than others. I don't sweat it if I go over by a few calories on some days, cuz I know that I'm often under by a few calories on others. I am on the 1400 calorie / day program, so I have a little more flexibility before going into "starvation" mode.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Okayy...im new here. Lost 20 lbs on my own after finally getting my thyroid under control...but have 10lbs to go that is being stubborn! So I decided to try this...problem is that I barely consume 900 calories per day and it drives me nuts everytime it tells me I need to consume 1200. ... should I really be consuming 1200? I feel like this last 10 will never come off...just joined last monday...weighed in yesterday again and of course no loss...am I crazy to want to.see a loss of something each week?
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 2-3 hours but on days that i work out i am not usually hungry and its hard to hit my calories too :) You are not alone lol
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    YEP!! I hear you....I have been eating clean for 3.5 weeks and have noticed the last few days I am just NOT hungry, this NEVER happens to me hahahaha I always think about food! I am doing a 12 week challenge so there are a few things I am doing differently...

1. Taking fish oil tablets
    2. Having protein shake after workout
    3. Eating Clean (everything made by me)
    4. Eating 5 meals a day
    4. No alcohol (normally when I drink I always want to eat nibbles)

Maybe it's a combination of all of them!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me to. I am planning and starting the 17 day diet in a few weeks (going on holiday first), and I have started incorporating some of things I will need to do when I start it so my body doesn't just have a break down when I begin, as a part of these small changes I am making now I am drinking green tea after every meal and I am wondering if this is the reason that I am not feeling as hungry anymore