Beyond Bread: Why Some People Can Eat More Carbs Than Others

Options
By Adam Born. I follow him on Twitter and get his newsletter. I like how he takes the crap to task when people leap to conclusions. Like this:

"Here’s what happens to most dieters:
Step 1: They “determine” carbs are bad.
Step 2: All carbs are removed.
Step 3: Weight is lost within the first 1-2 weeks. Sometimes quite a bit. But fat loss is not a rapid process. (Although it can be for people with lots to lose, such as 50 to 100 pounds.) So what’s happening? Your body is dropping water weight because carbs hold water, but not necessarily in a bad way.
Step 4: Hunger and frustration builds, focus drops, and energy levels suffer. Eventually, you return to carbs after a period (usually about 2 weeks) of withdrawal.
What happens? You might feel bloated, sick, and even see the scale dramatically shift. Many things are occurring within your body, but at the most basic levels, you’re replenishing your depleted carbs stores and gaining back the water weight.
The end result is thinking, “See, carbs are bad!”"

Here's the link: http://www.bornfitness.com/beyond-bread-why-some-people-can-eat-more-carbs-than-others/

And he's got some yummy recipes!

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Replace the word carbs and insert the name of any fad diet and that would be the jist of it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The problems is the lack of moderation.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Replace the word carbs and insert the name of any fad diet and that would be the jist of it.

Like gluten. People seem to be avoiding gluten like it's got the plague. I understand if your allergic but people seem to avoid it as if gluten leads to weight gain.

As far as I am aware it's just normal food unless your allergic.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    By Adam Born. I follow him on Twitter and get his newsletter. I like how he takes the crap to task when people leap to conclusions. Like this:

"Here’s what happens to most dieters:
    Step 1: They “determine” carbs are bad.
    Step 2: All carbs are removed.
    Step 3: Weight is lost within the first 1-2 weeks. Sometimes quite a bit. But fat loss is not a rapid process. (Although it can be for people with lots to lose, such as 50 to 100 pounds.) So what’s happening? Your body is dropping water weight because carbs hold water, but not necessarily in a bad way.
    Step 4: Hunger and frustration builds, focus drops, and energy levels suffer. Eventually, you return to carbs after a period (usually about 2 weeks) of withdrawal.
    What happens? You might feel bloated, sick, and even see the scale dramatically shift. Many things are occurring within your body, but at the most basic levels, you’re replenishing your depleted carbs stores and gaining back the water weight.
    The end result is thinking, “See, carbs are bad!”"

Here's the link: http://www.bornfitness.com/beyond-bread-why-some-people-can-eat-more-carbs-than-others/

And he's got some yummy recipes!

57907125.jpg
  • elleelise
    elleelise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    cme2geo2jvj5.jpg

YUP. ^^^
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    'Beyond Bread: Why Some People Can Eat More Carbs Than Others' - because they don't suffer from insulin resistance or diabetes. Other than that, I agree with your point. They should just switch to whole wheat and keep their portions under control.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »
    'Beyond Bread: Why Some People Can Eat More Carbs Than Others' - because they don't suffer from insulin resistance or diabetes. Other than that, I agree with your point. They should just switch to whole wheat and keep their portions under control.

whole wheat / not whole wheat makes no difference