Progress photo (reducing 72 kgs then building muscles)

Options
hanymamdouh
hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
Here is strip I created illustrating my journey, started by 134kg, reduced to 61.5kg with huge muscle loss, then bulking up to 65kg. Now I'm cutting and shredding before next bulking round.

I didn't attend any gym or fitness courses, I depend only on body weight strength training.

mpkw0nzfulex.jpg

Replies

• hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Great job! Did you use a specific training program? If not, do you mind sharing what your workout regimen is?
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    Great job! Did you use a specific training program? If not, do you mind sharing what your workout regimen is?

Thanks hoyalawya, during first stage (134 to 63) I did only light cardio like walking, jogging, stair climbing, etc. During second stage (63, 65 and till now) I depend on Mark Lauren program "You are your own gym", that mainly utilizes body weight, with some additions from my side. If you want I can send you the whole regimen and workout sheets.

Sincerely

• Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Here is strip I created illustrating my journey, started by 134kg, reduced to 61.5kg with huge muscle loss, then bulking up to 65kg. Now I'm cutting and shredding before next bulking round.

I didn't attend any gym or fitness courses, I depend only on body weight strength training.
    Great job! I presume you did not lose muscle on purpose during the first phase, correct?

If you could send me the Mark Lauren program, I would appreciate it. I am very new to strength training and it looks like you mastered it. If you don't mind, I may have some beginner questions for you. I've wandered into a couple of strength training threads and did not know the lingo. For example, 'cutting and shreading', what is that exactly? Is it perhaps trying to lose any excess fat from a previous bulking phase?

• hanymamdouh
    Options
    Hi Robertus, actually I did lose a lot of muscle mass during first phase as my deficit was over and not healthy (I hadn't knew the correct rule of deficit or dieting during early stages), also I didn't incorporate strength training. I've corrected my diet since 8 months (increased caloric intake and included strength training).

Regarding to Mark Lauren, it is a book, I will try to summerize some of programs included in the it and send it to you.

And whatever you need to know, feel free to message me your questions, or let's discuss it here if you want to share our information with other members as they will correct my mistakes.

Sincerely
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Great work - well done, Sir :)
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi Robertus, actually I did lose a lot of muscle mass during first phase as my deficit was over and not healthy (I hadn't knew the correct rule of deficit or dieting during early stages), also I didn't incorporate strength training. I've corrected my diet since 8 months (increased caloric intake and included strength training).

Regarding to Mark Lauren, it is a book, I will try to summerize some of programs included in the it and send it to you.

And whatever you need to know, feel free to message me your questions, or let's discuss it here if you want to share our information with other members as they will correct my mistakes.

Sincerely
    Thank you! Here would be great. I'm sure there are many people who would like to learn from your great success.

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...and I love that you did this solely with body weight exercises. Congrats!
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    You look fantastic...and I love that you did this solely with body weight exercises. Congrats!

Many Thanks MoiAussi "Me Too" if I still remeber my french courses :smiley:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome.....very impressive and inspiring! Great work :)
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    what rate do you cut at, how many kgs per month?
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Please share any tips on strength training, I would like to incorporate it now while I'm losing the weight. Thanks! You look (*) amazing (*) btw!
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    awinner_au wrote: »
    what rate do you cut at, how many kgs per month?

It varied from 2kg to sometimes 6 kgs per month. As mentioned above I was on big deficit (very unhealthy). The whole journey took around 18 months; 12 months strict dieting and 6 months loose dieting. The down side of my mistake is huge loss in muscle mass. I didn't exposed to slowed metabolism because I used to have one cheat day (not meal). The total calories of cheat day was above maintenance approx 300 kcal.
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    Whtmask wrote: »
    Please share any tips on strength training, I would like to incorporate it now while I'm losing the weight. Thanks! You look (*) amazing (*) btw!

You should incorporate strength training to your diet as it will preserve your muscles and prevent muscle loss because of dieting. Increasing muscle mass is very important as muscles itself require more energy during rest, hence increasing your BMR.

I don't go to gym, I depend only on body weight training. My current workout plan is:
    4 days strength training / week
    60 minutes / session (240 minutes total / week)

Sunday: Push

Tuesday: Legs

Thursday: Pull

Friday: Core

For push workout, it is mainly push up exercise, but variations can make it harder or easier, also you can emphasize different muscle group by varying technique. For example

Push Up:
    1. Declined push up (legs elevated on a surface) will make it harder, while elevating hands on surface will make it easier.
    2. Pause at end of movement will make it harder
    3. wide grip will put more emphasize on your delts while close grip will emphasize your pecs.
    4. carry backpack full of books or rocks will make it harder
    5. use superset technique or Tabata
    6. decrease rest between sets

As you can see, variations never end, and it was only as example. All of the techniques are described in the book

Mainly my workout is sort of HIIT. Rest interval is very short (30 sec), and I use hard variation of exercise for low reps. I do my workout in superset pairs. I also end with finishers; that's 2 sets of low intensity with high reps followed by one set of high intensity until I reach fatigue.

Does it make things a little bit clear? We can discuss each day workout along with its exercise variation if you want :smile:

Sincerely
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Robertus pointed me to this post the other day. The argument in the book is rather persuasive. It seems like you I'm losing weight but not in a healthy way. Gonna start tonight!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats you have done a great job
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    Robertus pointed me to this post the other day. The argument in the book is rather persuasive. It seems like you I'm losing weight but not in a healthy way. Gonna start tonight!

Good luck to you, if you need help PM me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!