New and starving! missing my white bread and coffe WITH sugar!! ahh

Options
This is my second day and I am about to eat the sofa! Lol 8 kilos to go so still a long way but hey..I gave up smoke 4 months at go ! Add me for a fun trip to success!!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    so eat the white bread and drink the coffee

You could replace the sugar with sweetener if you really can't spare the 16 calories per teaspoon

White bread is around 105 calories for a large white slice

for satiety make sure you're getting adequate protein and fats and bulk up on low calorie vegetables

It's a learning curve - there's no need to be overly hungry

good job on the stopping smoking though
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stick with the coffee. Gave me a boost. Just make it a skinny one
  • albaitxa
    albaitxa Posts: 3
    Options
    Only 16 cal for tea spoon? I didn't even look the calories as after look up many diets the forbidden foods are refined sugar and grains,white bread etc,but you bouth right a skiny coffe or a bit of breath won't kill me ! Thanks!!
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No forbidden foods on CICO (well, unless you mention Shakeology here...), just count calories and hit your macros.
  • nth76
    nth76 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have learned a calorie is a calorie. Some things you can eat more of like veggies but if you eat 4000 calories from veggies you still gain weight. I have lost a hundred pounds by just watching the calories and walking a little.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The freedom you will find when you go by CICO!

No food is off limits though some may not be advisable because they don't pack as much of a nutritional punch as you want for the calories...

Like you could eat 3 oreo cookies for 160 calories vs. 3 oz of steaming hot sweet potato for about 115 calories. One will fill you up longer and meet more of your nutritional macros....one will satisfy your sweet tooth, maybe. LOL

At the end of the day after you've met your nutritional goals, if you have 160 calories left, eat the oreos! Or drink the coffee with sugar! Or eat the slice of white bread.

I just find, for me personally, that if I try to meet my iron, fat, and protein goals for the day, I feel better - more energetic, less fatigued, and less likely to feel like "eating the sofa."

I choose not to eat certain foods because the calories aren't worth it to me. I don't enjoy breads all that much, so I skip them....I learned to drink my coffee black long ago and most of the time choose to NOT "drink" my calories unless I really want that latte or Dr Pepper (I had a Dr Pepper last night at bowling, lol). Those are MY personal choices.

Read the forums - read some of the sticky posts at the top of the Motivation, Weight Loss, Intro forums and you'll be amazed at the freedom you find. Dismiss the b.s. stuff you've heard "Don't eat too many carbs, don't eat refined sugar, don't eat "white" foods, don't eat this, don't eat that." Focus on meeting your protein, iron, vitamins, and fat goals for the day and the rest will fall into place. Yes, don't skimp on fats!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    albaitxa wrote: »
    Only 16 cal for tea spoon? I didn't even look the calories as after look up many diets the forbidden foods are refined sugar and grains,white bread etc,but you bouth right a skiny coffe or a bit of breath won't kill me ! Thanks!!

absolutely spot on

you have to make yourself forget everything you think you know about 'losing weight' and just make the numbers work

(fr'instance yesterday I ate a jam doughnut, 230 calories, and still closed my diary with more than 300 calories spare, which I will eat at the weekend)
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It takes. Few weeks to not react to feeling hungry. U don't want to be starving then overeat but, u probably r used to eating when only a little hungry. I think of hunger as a good thing. I know I am following my plan. I eat a lot of veggies when hungry and drink tons of water. It will get better