My success

Options
Not sure where to start except to say there is always hope! I have never been the slimmest girl around.

Beginning early February 2014, I weighed about 135# and for a 5 foot flat female that's considered just a bit overweight. This is where the struggle began. Here are my "excuses" while working an average of 60+hours aweek, my joints began to hurt,every single joint in my body! By the time I was referred to a rheumatologist (months later) I could barely walk from my car to the front door. After several tests I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ankylosing spondylitis
Months of high dose prednisone,pushing myself too hard and eating everything I could shove in my mouth I weighed 156# Than finally my insurance approved humira and I knew I had to change for my family and myself! I stopped working (amazing hubby) and started watching what I ate on December 7, 2014. I have logged every single day, reading a thousand "mean people's comments " and started walking. I am up to 4 miles 5 times aweek. I have bad days where I physically hurt but that doesn't mean I am going to go back to my old eating habits.

Success can come even if you think it's hopeless. Just eat at the right deficit, educate yourself and most of all believe in yourself!!!

As of today I've lost 27.2 pounds and 129 days of logging also I was not pregnant in the photos my boys are17,15 and 9 :)l9y50a50jofx.jpg
2f26z1wya6d6.jpg

Replies

• skyyco
    skyyco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! I myself am a shorty (5"1') so I know the struggle of what is normal or skinny on other people, is overweight on us. Ugh! But good job!!! Love that dress too!
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wore that dress to my husband's promotion 1April:) I felt absolutely beautiful:)

c6set4u49kbr.jpg
  • Calblak06
    Calblak06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    inspiring, you look great
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thank your husband for serving and you look awesome
  • brussell2sprout
    brussell2sprout Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wonderful job! I hope you feel better and better as you continue on your journey!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You loos amazing!

My father has AS as well, though it went undiagnosed for decades. He was in severe pain in his thirties (not the whole decade, but I was young so memory is meh) but it wore off in his 40's as he became more active. He was diagnosed at age 60 on a lark (they weren't x ray-ing for his spine!) and at 62 has been pain free sans some arthritis for almost 25 years.

I just wanted you to know that it can get better!
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    Congratulations! You loos amazing!

My father has AS as well, though it went undiagnosed for decades. He was in severe pain in his thirties (not the whole decade, but I was young so memory is meh) but it wore off in his 40's as he became more active. He was diagnosed at age 60 on a lark (they weren't x ray-ing for his spine!) and at 62 has been pain free sans some arthritis for almost 25 years.

I just wanted you to know that it can get better!

Thank you! I am so determined to fight this:) I am sure the weight loss has helped my joints too. I hope your dad continues to feel great:)
  • Angiefit4life
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am so excited today I reached my goal weight Which is mid BMI range. 186 days! Now the scary part maintaining:) 1mugfsz7kn63.jpg
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, huge inspiration...Thanks for sharing...from a fellow shorty ;):)
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Girl...that looks like way more than 27 pounds! You've obviously lost a ton of inches, too. Way to go!
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    Aww thanks! A total of 37#! I still can't believe it! What's even better I got the results of my lab work today and they were fantastic!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation! Congratulations and I wish you much success on maintaining! :)
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am currently 114.4 a little over 41# loss and still trying to figure it all out with lifting. Thinking I'm just going to have to hire a personal trainer for a few sessions.
    I went home for vacation (husband is military) for two weeks and ate whatever but did log. After returning home, I lost a few more! I was very active for those two weeks:)

qu0yuy9xscsu.jpg
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Awesome~~~!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    Thanks! I'm super excited today we joined a gym! So excited to look forward to recomp!
  • cmcdaniel02
    cmcdaniel02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing.. Such an inspiring story! I've just started my journey after being diagnosed with AS and Lupus in October of 2014. Very devastating at 35 years old! But I've been logging daily and have been doing cardio and weight training for 30 days now. I feel great and I'm starting to see the inches come off. I'm weighing it at 215 and hope to be at 160. Again thank you for this encouraging story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!