looking for friends with similar goals.

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this app, would love to hear helpful tips and love to help others on their journey too. I am 31 and a mom of an only child of 9 and a half years. Ever since my pregnancy Ihave stayed in 229 pounds from a 160that I usually was. Its going to be ten years now and I have decided I want this change. Feel free to add me, lets do this! :-)

Replies

• bobbiecordero92
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend I joined MFP yesterday and today have started the 28 day squat challenge. Maybe you could join me and we could motivate eachother. :-)
  • girlyme514
    girlyme514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Of course! Just tell me how to get started. I am not sure if I added you/ sent you the request correctly. I am still trying to get the hang of this. If not, add me and please tell me how to add friends. :-)
  • Emmyfit2015
    Emmyfit2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and a mom of 3 teens. Over the past year I've lost 50 lbs but still have 65 to go. I feel stuck. Maybe we can motivate each other. I have my 20 year high school reunion this fall, and I want to look and feel great.
  • girlyme514
    Options
    That's great! I hope I can also lose 50!! Don't give up. I once felt stuck too when I had lost just only14 pounds. If you lost that already, I bet you can go all the way. Go you!!! I need your will power.Sometimes I've thought I am supposed to be over weight, but hearing so many people with similar situations as me; have inspired me to go for it. You have just contributed to inspire me. Thank you! : -) Let's help one another in this journey. We can do it!!
  • frostadrian
    frostadrian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, iam two thirds throught my weight loss have lost 30 pounds since 1st jan. Best advice i can give is to understand how the body works and understand a little about nutrition. Fat is not a dirty word. Dieting is not about denying yourselfs things. think of it as a learning curve especially when you hit your target weight. My fitness pal is a excellent tool and has helped me loads. If you need advice or tips please ask.
  • girlyme514
    Options
    Hi! I am honestly thinking that this app is helping me, its been 10 days already, and I havn't eaten junk food. I love reading how others have lost pounds and hope I too can say that. Thanks for the message. 30 pounds is alot, I can only imagine how excited I'll be when I get to say that! A question: should I stop drinking juice? I heard someone once say that when losing weight, you should substitute juice for water.
  • CelticNana
    CelticNana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me