Sugar free, chocolate, sweet tooth, low cal recipe!

Options
fairy2b
fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
Hey guys!

I just discovered a neat trick that I thought I'd pass along. Did you know that you can mix one can of diet soda with a box of chocolate cake mix and bake? That's it! No eggs, no oil, nothing! Just diet soda and cake mix. (For chocolate cake use dark soda for vanilla cake use light soda.) For folks that are watching sugar and choosing sugar free alternatives, I just tried this with Pillsbury sugar free devil's food cake mix made with stevia and a can of natural diet soda. If you use a 9x13 pan, you make 12 squares and a serving is only 110 calories and 1.5 grams of fat.

I bet you could get creative with PB2 frosting or add nuts or something yummy. Message me if you try this and create something delish!

Replies

• aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    reeeally? hmmm interesting
  • bevoyates
    bevoyates Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    May have to give this a try...what is the finished product texture?? Cake or brownie like?
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is cake like. Definitely doesn't have the delicious dense brownie texture that I love but it hit the spot for me last night warm out of the oven!
  • missball
    missball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using raw chocolate or cacao nibs. Both very chocolatey, but relatively unprocessed so not full of the same fat and sugar that normal "chocolate" is (I don't count milk chocolate as chocolate)
  • jokamaiale
    jokamaiale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have tried this with a lemon-lime soda and a white cake mix. Topped it with fruit syrup and whipped cream. It was good!
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Put a bag of frozen fruit in the pan before you pour the batter over.....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JCM1969 wrote: »
    Put a bag of frozen fruit in the pan before you pour the batter over.....

Sounds yummy!
  • rgoulart13
    rgoulart13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've made the devil's food cake with diet dr pepper and topped it with light cool whip...yum! Also, try angel food cake with a can of crushed pineapples! So good!