Progress pics: Female, 6ft Tall, 29 lbs lost in 14 weeks

Options
SDB210
SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
I decided to take some comparison photos tonight to push me towards my goal. I can definitely see the difference although I was kinda expecting to see a bigger difference considering I've lost just over 2 stone but I guess it's the tall thing! I'm pretty pleased though and have 5 lbs to my initial goal weight. Here are my stats:

Female, 30 years old, 6ft tall

SW 5th jan: 187
CW : 158
GW : 153

7bz74rap335q.jpg

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. What did you do in terms of diet n exercise
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    amnaimon wrote: »
    Amazing results. What did you do in terms of diet n exercise

I want to know tooooo!! Great results!!
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your journey so far :smile:
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Great job
  • SDB210
    Options
    Oh yeah sorry I should've put more detail haha
    Well it has all been down to calorie counting. I have kept to my calorie goal as much as possible and if I have gone over for whatever reason I've made sure my weekly average is still under the line.
    I also do some running/jogging of an evening.
    I weigh myself daily and use the app 'happy scale' to chart the trend. You can see from the pic how the actual weight has jumped up and down but the trend line means I don't panic when I get fluctuations!
    bbl7iwy07pot.jpg

I really want to start doing a bit more to shape my body (I want to rounden my butt up, firm up my thighs and flatten that little paunch on my tum) but don't really know how to go about it. When people say start lifting it means nothing to me. Lol I need an idiots guide!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    what are your daily calories??? do you mind opening up your diary?? interested in the macros/calories of a fellow tall girl!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation! Congrats on your hard work!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You make 187 pounds look so good. Truly. You look fantastic in both photos. Congrats on the loss :)
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and have a final GW of 160-170. Quite a long way to go for me though..but love seeing updated success stories of fellow tall girls (5'11"+ ) You look great and congrats on your success!!!
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congratulations on all your hard work!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Another tall gal chiming in, although I'm not part of the 6 foot club! (5'11") It's true that a 30 pound difference doesn't look as huge on us, but it's also true that you look fantastic! Nice work!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh you look amazing!!! Im 5'10 and 180 now, but my goal is to 155.

Very inspiring how far you've come! in 29 lbs!
  • SDB210
    Options
    what are your daily calories??? do you mind opening up your diary?? interested in the macros/calories of a fellow tall girl!

MFP started me at 1340 and gradually went down to 1200 as I lost weight! I was losing a bit too quick so I upped them to 1450 and I'm going to gradually increase them. I also eat back half my exercise calories.

Sorry, I'm not brave enough to open my diary! I'd be too ashamed to log my McDonald's haha.
  • SDB210
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    You make 187 pounds look so good. Truly. You look fantastic in both photos. Congrats on the loss :)

Wow thank you, that made my day! Haha :smiley:
    One of the good parts of being tall...,the fat can spread out haha
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif

• cydneejae
    cydneejae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great progress OP. As a fellow tall girl, seeing the results are so slow. Your results are very noticeable. I am 6'2 227- SW: 240 and I cannot see a real difference. Same clothes size, but I feel better for sure! Good luck!
  • SDB210
    Options
    cydneejae wrote: »
    Great progress OP. As a fellow tall girl, seeing the results are so slow. Your results are very noticeable. I am 6'2 227- SW: 240 and I cannot see a real difference. Same clothes size, but I feel better for sure! Good luck!

Well done on your loss, you'll start to see it soon. I didn't really see anything until around 15 or 16 pounds. Clothes can be deceptive. All of my old work trousers look ridiculous, I had to abandon them because they were too big and falling off me. But I also have my fav jeans which I wore at my heaviest (albeit with a muffin top!) but I'm still wearing them now and they are only just starting to feel too loose to wear anymore. I will miss those jeans haha
  • sarasakoor
    sarasakoor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im also a tall girl with a couple of kgs to lose. Thanks for posting this- so motivating. I really lack patience. ..cannot wait for some results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!