Hello just joined today

Options
Hello. I've heard about this app and decided to give it a try. Any helpful tips or info would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• kaydottee
    kaydottee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This app have help me lose over 50 lbs along with exercise. Good luck on your journey!
  • sparty5
    sparty5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is my second time on the app and have found that taking advantage of the community aspect this time around has definitely increased my accountability and motivation :) Good luck!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Get MFP friends who interact with you and "like" your progress status updates. Knowing that people are watching you is a big motivator.
  • micheledemetroff
    micheledemetroff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Not new to MFP, but was too shy to communicate..
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posts, join in the with community and add friends who you know will be watching your updates. It honestly does motivate you and keep you accountable. It seems to be working for me. I've lost 14lb so far with another 50lb to go :) Feel free to add me. Oh, and look at the success stories helps me keep going!

I'm not sure if you are new to calorie counting but here is a good thread with some fantastic info:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started yesterday, but as others have posted, having that accountability with the community has made a huge difference just since day one. Good luck!
  • Hopper468
    Hopper468 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined on Monday, April 13. So far I like this app., but I am also using Caloriecount at the same time, need to decide which one I like best. CC grades your food-A-F, which is an eye opener! This App seems easier to use. First time posting in the community, I am Fifty something, which brings a slew of other problems along with it-MENO PAUSE! lol
    Seems like I gain weight just by looking at food. After a week of logging, i will try to up my game and add excercise. Sometimes life and work just get in the way. I have fought this battle over and over, with results and without results. So, here I go again!