cravings

Options
munozrd
munozrd Posts: 62 Member
Will the desire to eat junk food, even if your not hungy? I did well eating today but, I get this desire to eat. I fight with my mind and drink water but, is there something else I can try or will time make a difference?:happy:

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. The desire to eat is because you're used to eating more, or because you're in the habit of eating in certain situations. Distract yourself with something else ... maybe go for a walk, then you're helping your body in 2 ways. (In a month or two you can have retrained yourself so that you don't have as much of a desire to eat unnecessarily).

I also chew gum when I find myself wanting to eat and know I don't need more food.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. The desire to eat is because you're used to eating more, or because you're in the habit of eating in certain situations. Distract yourself with something else ... maybe go for a walk, then you're helping your body in 2 ways. (In a month or two you can have retrained yourself so that you don't have as much of a desire to eat unnecessarily).

I also chew gum when I find myself wanting to eat and know I don't need more food.

I agree with the gum chewing, and I try to stay busy as well. Doing something on my to-do list usually gets my mind off of things. Then, when I finish, if I'm actually hungry I'll eat a small bowl of veggies.
  • lvellos
    lvellos Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been getting alot of cravings too. When I feel a craving come I drink two cups of water and munch on some baby carrots or watermelon