Any 5 ft 9 ladies???

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
I'm always inspired to talk to tall ladies like myself. Reason being as a lot of my friends, are either 5 ft 4 or 5 ft 5 and being tall we have completely different statistics.

I just wanted to know the below really:-

1) How much do you weigh at the moment?
2) How much would you like to weigh?
3) How many times a week do you workout?
4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk?
5) What your fitness goals are?

I currently weigh just under 11 stone now or 70kg. I ideally would like to lose a few lbs of fat and keep as much muscle mass as possible. I work out a min of 4 times a week doing cardio and incorporating free weights. I have been a lot skinnier before but with hardly any muscle.

Feel free to add me on instagram if you have it: kingystac2014

I have uploaded my before & after pictures on here so you can see :smile:

Thanks girls!

Have a nice day

xx

Replies

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'8" Is that close enough? Lol.

1. Currently 195
    2. Would like to get down to 160
    3. 3 times a week, but I also walk everywhere and have a fairly active job (I hit 15k steps just at work!)
    4. Eating about 1900-2000 calories a day to lose.
    5. My fitness goals are to squat my bodyweight, bench at least 100lbs, and deadlift a small mountain. I also train muay thai and BJJ and trying to get stronger/faster/more explosive for competitions.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 so an inch too short

159.8lb (11 stone 5.8 lbs)

I'm at my goal weight range, I input 160lb (originally goal was 165 but I kept dropping trying to find mainteance) ... Goal weight range is 157lb - 163lb

3 times at the gym (20 mins cardio plus heavy weights and calisthenics), plus try to walk 8-10K steps (4-5 miles across day) on non gym days

I'm eating around 2100 -2200 on maintenance but may have to increase as still slowly dropping

pull-ups, gotta get to do pull-ups (couldn't do a push-up this time last year)

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I don't even think of 5'9" as tall. I'm 6'1" personally, though topped out at 6'2.5". Every once in a blue moon I meet a woman that beats me who is also heavy, but not often haha
  • helenbev
    helenbev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 5'9 lady :) sometimes 5'9.5 depending on height measurement accuracy ;)

To answer your questions:

I'm currently 202lbs, which I think is about 14st 6lb when converted back. People say "you look fine for your height", but I don't feel it myself, so what do they know?!

Initially, I'd like to get to 12st, which I think is about 175lb off the top of my head. I'd then like to keep going from there, down to a healthier BMI as I believe for my height/age 175lb is the top of the 'normal' BMI scale.

It's not an 'official' workout as such, but I cycle to work every day, Monday - Friday. It's a 9.5 mile round trip and I'm a pretty quick rider - around 12-14mph average if it's not crazy windy! I am also part of a roller derby team as a new member, so I currently do about 2-3 hours a week practice/fun skating with them.

To lose, MFP has set me up on 1200 cals. I have pretty much managed to stick to this so far, though i've been honest and tracked EVERYTHING - even when I've had a disaster and gone way over.

To be fast and strong enough to be part of my roller derby's league team! Getting to the 'B' team would be amazing within a year, getting to play as a league player would be absolutely immense!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'9" and 5'10"

180 is what I've set as my maintenance weight

3 days at the gym (weights, steps, 20 minutes of whatever cardio I feel like) and then 3 days of running (currently training for a 10k)

Currently eating between 1400-1500 to lose.

Ultimately... To run a marathon.
  • Tweakfish
    Tweakfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 160lbs
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 143lbs
    3) How many times a week do you workout? 3-5
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1400ish
    5) What your fitness goals are? Lose weight and tone up.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9''

1) 198. People have commented lately that im too thin.....but I can grab fat almost everywhere.....

2) 168- but I will reasses once I get there and go from there.

3) 5-6 times a week. Jillian micheals workouts and walking about 14k-15k a day is my aim. Sometimes I dont make it....

4) just under 1600 is goal, and trying to eat back exercise calories, but sometimes im too stuffed to eat them back.

5) I want to be able to keep up with my kids. 5, 4 and 11 months
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'9". Wearing my big heels today... I like being tall!

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? I was 256.6 this morning (*down from about 262-ish)

2) How much would you like to weigh? Anything below 200lbs. would be great. I am thinking maybe 180. I want to have a more athletic physique.

3) How many times a week do you workout? 5 days a week - twice on Thursday. I might up it to 6 days. I am running 4 times a week and strength training twice. I would like to get strength training up to 3 times a week. And I would like to throw in the occasional spin class, but there are only so many hours in the day.

4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? I am currently losing at 2,000/day (TDEE - not eating back exercise calories). As this becomes "easier" I may try to cut back a little more. We will see. I want this to be sustainable.

5) What your fitness goals are? 1.) to be bad@ss, 2.) to be able to do one full pull up, 3.) to be able to do one full push up, and 4.) get back to running 8 miles "comfortably" (with walk breaks)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    2013sk wrote: »
    I'm always inspired to talk to tall ladies like myself. Reason being as a lot of my friends, are either 5 ft 4 or 5 ft 5 and being tall we have completely different statistics.

Hi! Well, I always thought I was 5'9", but the Health Clinic at work says 5'8" :|

1) Weighed in for my challenge with my gf's this morning: 150.8lbs (10.8 stone; 68.5kg)

2) My first goal is 145 by my birthday (May 6) - Ultimately, I'm shooting for 140 (10 stone, 63.6kg), though that may be too low.

3) I aim to workout 3 days a week, but lately it's been once or twice. Getting better though (tonight will be 3 times this week), and dancing at a wedding Saturday will sure help!

4) I have my goal set at 1200, but I'm often over by several hundred (and don't always eat back exercise cals). I like the buffer, as my TDEE-20% is 1500 (averaged sedentary with 3Xwk exercise), I also intermittently fast, so some days I only consume between 500-600 (only once a week so far. See 5:2 program) I just make up all my own rules haha

5) Going to start heavy lifting with my friends who are crossfit fiends. I want to decrease my bodyfat% (I don't have an accurate reading on what it is, but I know I'm pretty much skinny-fat right now). Want a strong body, and a pert caboose. So far, the only place I really notice my loss is in my boobs :| But I can go braless now... so that's cool

My main goal is to be healthy, fit and glowing, while still enjoying cheeseburgers, bacon and beer.

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Also, just sent you a follow request, @2013sk ;)
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 194
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 140-150
    3) How many times a week do you workout? It varies from 0-4 times a week, depending on what I have going on. I'm working on getting into a routine, though.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1400 calorie goal, but...I don't frequently stay at or under that. I typically get closer to 1600-1900...Again, I'm working to get a better diet routine.
    5) What your fitness goals are? To be able to go at least 30 minutes on the elliptical (preferably more). Be able to do 20 actual push ups (not the knee push ups I'm currently doing). To be able to do lots of squats. These goals will change once I reach them, of course.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I don't weigh myself, but my most recent trip to the doc for a physical came in at 165. I am 5'9" + but not quite 5'10".

2) How much would you like to weigh? goal is around 150 give or take, depending on what I see in mirror and how clothes fit.

3) How many times a week do you workout? Most days. I did a prep for a figure competition two years ago and have pretty much tried to stick to my workout plan (without the excessive cardio). I have been playing around with my nutrition and switching up how I work my body, but, overall, pretty similar in what I did for figure training.

4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Currently at 1550 as I'm trying to get leaner - but my shoulders are always the first to lose bulk when I cut, so I actually don't follow my cals as closely as I should because, mostly, it isn't a priority for me to be at a certain weight. I go by how I look/feel and if I'm satisfied w/it.

5) What your fitness goals are? I spent a lot of years doing gymnastics, so I started CrossFit thinking I'd really like it, but I don't like the timed aspect of things and I really don't like working out with others - I like being alone w/my headset on. I'd like to get a little leaner for an upcoming trip to the Keys, but if I get there I get there, if not, I'm ok with that as well. Would like to focus on bigger lifts mostly. Am limited somewhat due to a car accident (I was hit at 60 mph). That was years ago now and I've finally gotten to the point where I feel good again. I can thank lifting for that.

An interesting fact is that at my current weight I consistently wear a size 10 in pants. If I drop 7-12 lbs, size 8s will be falling off of me and size 6 is just too small for me to be because I truly look gaunt then. I would love to have a smaller butt/thighs, but they fit my frame and I'm just nit-picking. My highest weight was 203 and I wore a 16 (that was after the accident and being much less active for a few yrs).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am! 5'9" and 27 years old :)

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? - 157.2lb or 11 stones and 3.2 pounds. I started at 168lbs or 12 stones.

2) How much would you like to weigh? - 140lbs is my goal-ish, but mostly losing body fat is my focus.

3) How many times a week do you workout? - Five times. Four days lifting, one day cardio, but sometimes I do two days cardio if I want to do a nice long weekend run!

4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? - Currently at 1707 calories while trying to lose the 17.2lbs I have left at 0.5lbs per week (TDEE method)

5) What your fitness goals are? - 2015 goals:
    • Mostly to continue cutting body fat
    • Training to run a half marathon this fall
    • Want to beat my 5km PR of 25:37
    • And being able to finally do a pullup. This is so damn hard ahaha.

Feel free to add me! BUT be warned I do not like under eaters or whiners :kissing_heart:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'9". Wearing my big heels today... I like being tall!
    I love towering over my shorter male coworkers :love:

• ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 196.4 lbs
    I started trying to lose weight this time....at 215 lbs. I had a baby last March and I weighed 242 after delivery and 188 before pregnancy.

2) How much would you like to weigh? 175 lbs

Trying to do 5x a week with T25

1430 to lose 2 lbs per week. I still breastfeed so sometimes it fluctuates depending on my supply.

To become remotely as fit as I was when I graduated high school and was an athlete. I want to go out with my daughter this summer and feel great enough to not look over my should that everything's falling out of my clothes and jiggling everywhere. Not to mention I want to not get out of breath in our 100• heat this summer playing with her.

I want to ultimately set a better example for my baby to eat well and exercise. And to care enough about myself to do so.

• longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'10 here! On a short day.

150 as of this morning, or like 10 st. 7
    140-145
    7 days a week (train horses) plus 3x gym lifting weights
    I'm happy with where I am! I'm strong, I can outrun my australian shepherd, I can ride horses for hours. Maybe need to be more flexible.

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Another 5'9" female here.

Haven't weighed in awhile, last time I did I was ~150lbs. My weight varies between 145-150lbs.

Probably closer to 145lbs, but more importantly, I would like to be back down to the 15-16% body fat I was measured at 2 years ago (prob ~17% now).

Every day. Weights 4-5x/week, cardio 3-4x/week.

I have my goal set at 1825, which I am usually at or close to during the week. At the weekends, I am usually more like 2k/day.

Working on figuring out a specific goal, but I do know I want to lean out more.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5'9" ladyperson, checking in!

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 246.6
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 157
    3) How many times a week do you workout? I aim for 120 minutes of fitness per week right now.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Lose - 1430
    5) What your fitness goals are? So many! Things like being able to do a pull up, swim a mile, etc.
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 22 years old

1) I currently weight 144, my starting weight was 160
    2) Goal: 140-135ish and toned
    3) I workout at least 3 times a week, obtaining my 10,000 step goal on fitbit
    4) Calories consumed to lose: around 1400
    5) Goals: To be toned, run a half marathon, to do a push up!

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 180
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 160
    3) How many times a week do you workout? 6 days per week, 30 minutes per day
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 2200 maintenance/1400-1500 to lose/I've never purposely tried to bulk so I'm not sure
    5) What your fitness goals are? Increase lean muscle mass, be stronger and more toned