You're going to bulk because you can't cut? :huh:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    In for the responses...
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you are unable to deal with a cut, you should not bulk simply because you won't be able to deal with the cut later when you want your new muscles to show more definition. It takes a long time, and you need to be patient, especially if you're new to lifting. Your muscles could still be retaining water which might not allow the scale to drop.

Also, remember at 200 calories, it should take around 17 - 18 days to drop a single pound. If you're trying to recomp, regardless of whether, or not recomp is a myth, it is supposedly the hardest out of the three options, and takes the longest.

Two weeks is seriously no time at all, and you'll be lucky to see any results for the first few months.

If you're seriously committed though, you'll push through. Decide your level of commitment now though, so that you don't waste your own precious time.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If you are unable to deal with a cut, you should not bulk simply because you won't be able to deal with the cut later when you want your new muscles to show more definition. It takes a long time, and you need to be patient, especially if you're new to lifting. Your muscles could still be retaining water which might not allow the scale to drop.

Also, remember at 200 calories, it should take around 17 - 18 days to drop a single pound. If you're trying to recomp, regardless of whether, or not recomp is a myth, it is supposedly the hardest out of the three options, and takes the longest.

Two weeks is seriously no time at all, and you'll be lucky to see any results for the first few months.

If you're seriously committed though, you'll push through. Decide your level of commitment now though, so that you don't waste your own precious time.

That's what I was afraid of, but I was told time and again that I needed to overcome the mental obstacles and just go for it. I've heard a lot of controversy on whether or not recomping actually works. The thing is, I'm willing to put whatever amount of time/effort is involved in getting to my goals. I just want to make sure that I'm putting that effort/time into something that will actually work for my goals. That's why I thought recomp (or just simply a cut, since I'm not exactly at my ideal weight as it is) would be best, but I'm just trying to get a second opinion, and learn a little more about what is involved in a bulk, and how to prepare for it (whenever I do decide I'm ready)
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Popcorn anyone?
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

That's what I was afraid of, but I was told time and again that I needed to overcome the mental obstacles and just go for it. I've heard a lot of controversy on whether or not recomping actually works. The thing is, I'm willing to put whatever amount of time/effort is involved in getting to my goals. I just want to make sure that I'm putting that effort/time into something that will actually work for my goals. That's why I thought recomp (or just simply a cut, since I'm not exactly at my ideal weight as it is) would be best, but I'm just trying to get a second opinion, and learn a little more about what is involved in a bulk, and how to prepare for it (whenever I do decide I'm ready)

I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but it sounds as if you still have to overcome the mental obstacles.

Give it six weeks, and see where you are at that point.