Help!!

Options
Has anyone experienced slight weight gain when you first started exercising? I'm eating clean, eating the right amount of calories, spending two hours in the gym (cardio and weights) but I've gained weight and haven't experienced any weight loss. Granted I've only been on this journey for about a week and a half so I understand not necessarily losing a significant amount of weight yet. But why am I gaining weight!??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Water retention from the exercise
  • raedee94
    raedee94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is there anything I can do about this ? And thanks for replying!
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    not sure, like you said its only been a week and they say weigh you self in the mornings... just keep at it i heard it takes officailly 21days for you body to adjust and keep drinking tons of water good luck
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water, keep doing what you're doing
  • shadowstr35
    shadowstr35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you work out regularly you will start to build muscle. Muscle helps to burn fat...
  • raedee94
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! What's personally worked for you guys?
  • flashsolver
    flashsolver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How you feel when you wear your jeans ? Don't go with the scales go with the mirror.

Also you might need to adjust your macros. Once you adjust it, your calories will get adjusted automatically.
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, plus if you have upped your water consumption that may add. Milky was correct in morning weighs, after you've gone to the bathroom and before you eat anything. If you are concerned about your weight going up, start measuring yourself instead. Much luck.
  • raudelfitness
    raudelfitness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I gained weight too when I started weights training a month ago. Now it's finally going down. Slowly but surely! Weighing my food during meal prepping has really helped me a lot.
  • raedee94
    Options
    All of your comments are so helpful. I appreciate the advice!