Went over I'm calories before dinner

Options
I began eating way tooooo much when I got stressed out this afternoon. It's not even dinner time and I'm a bit over. I'm too tired too, dont know if I can do my usual exercises. Ugh and the food had so much sodium AND tomorrow is my weigh in day... This sucks.

Where do you find the motivation to exercise when youre being exhausted?

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have no help for you but, if you find some, send me some. I'm way over.
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone! Don't worry about it, tomorrow's a new day!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it unless you plan to burn it! You are so close to your goal..... you have worked so hard... it is going to be harder than ever to reach your goal & if you continue to over-eat & not burn, then you will never reach your goal. That is enough motivation for me.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I know that the last thing you want to hear is "hang in there" but I hope you will!
    I've been where you are at so I can completely empathize - and I bet I'll be there again!
    Sodium especially of late kicked my butt for weeks!!!
    If there is ANY way I can help to motivate you through this time - please don't hesitate to let me know!!!
    You are so close to your goal and I'm so impressed with you - I know you can do it!!!!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I was totally exhausted today, but I really pushed myself to exercise. I did 80 minutes of kickboxing and burned over a thousand calories. Once I got started I couldn't stop and I'm glad I did it! Don't let being tired be an excuse not to exercise you really need to do it!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    My exercise trick - do it in the morning! Yes, I get up early to get my exercise in before I start my day - or I would never get it done!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Push through your workout if it is something that was on your norm routine....you just gotta do it...I dont suggest waiting until tomorrow because that will be the same excuse if it happens again...just do your normal routine dont try to do anything extra and drink your water and get a good nights rest ..any damage that you did today regarding pounds/water retention should clear within 5 days if your strict with your diet and exercise...
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Don't let being tired be an excuse not to exercise you really need to do it!

This. There is always a reason, a challenge, an excuse, a hurdle, an obstacle. Those aren't what get in your way though. It's seeing one of those things and letting it win. You just have to push through it and tell yourself not to quit! Good luck!
  • 2yme2getfit
    Options
    based on the goals you've achieved, you've made good progress. today was a bad day. it happens from time to time. don't beat yourself up or dwell on what you cannot change. drink some water and go to sleep. you'll do better than you think for the weigh-in...just think positive!! hang in there and keep up the good work! as far as motivation goes, reflect on the good that comes from exercising, focus on it, and keep it moving...
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    when i'm in your shoes I say to myself, "Self.... all you have to do is half of your cardio. if after half you are still not feeling it..go home and shower and go to bed." I have left the gym 3 times in my life where I wasn't "feeling it" Once you get going you almost always feel better....endorphines get released and you rarely feel worse. I went to the gym yesterday feeling HORRIBLE..but looking forward to my workout becuase I was stressed. I had an amazing workout..and am so sore (but happy) today. Get your gear on....promise yourself half....see where you end up- most times you will stick it out. Eat half back, drink a BIG water and get some rest.