Water???

Options
So I've been reading a lot of posts on here and it seems to me that drinking my daily amounts of water is supposed to help with weight loss. I don't drink my daily amount, I'm lucky to drink 4 cups. I notice some people drinking like 15 cups a day!!! Could this be hindering my weight loss? Because I've been on MFP for almost 2 months now and I have yet to input a dramatically different weight loss number when I weigh in (that is, other that 150... I would like to put in some 140s!!) Help! I am EXTREMELY frustrated! :sad: :explode: :mad:

Replies

• crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Drinking water helped me. Not sure if it curbed my appetite or what. But it worked for me.
  • AJelinski
    AJelinski Posts: 36
    Options
    I was not drinking much water until I started MFP. I am now drinking a minimum of 8 cups a day and sometimes as much as 12. I've been told by a personal trainer that if you drink 8 cups a day it causes you to burn 200 extra calories. 200 extra calories a day for drinking water...it's well worth it.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Your body needs the water. Plus it helps to fill us up. Read some of my blogs about how much protein and calories ect...

I added you as a friend...
    I have found the eating more (smaller) amounts is helping me loose weight. Along with a gallon of water a day.

Amy
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Your body needs the water. Plus it helps to fill us up. Read some of my blogs about how much protein and calories ect...

I added you as a friend...
    I have found the eating more (smaller) amounts is helping me loose weight. Along with a gallon of water a day.

Amy
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water!!!!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, it may secondarily help with appetite, but mostly it acts as the medium that all of the other reactions take place in.. it facilitates all of the catabolic processes and flushes out toxins. It definitely helps with weight loss. If I were you, I'd focus on my water intake, a little more each day.. try to drink a whole bottled water (16oz = 2 cups) and then refill it and drink it again. If you choose to drink water with your meals, you can nail down six cups right there, then work on drinking water in between or with snacks.. But you don't have to go for the gold right out of the gate. It's hard to make changes.. if you do one step at a time, it's still a step in the right direction.
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I will definitely UP my water intake! I just have about 15 lbs to go to my goal weight and I'm so close yet so far away!!!
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    fill up a jug each morning, finish it before you go to bed each night. You have to drink...most "hunger" is really thirst....The crazy thing about water is when you start giving your body the water it needs...you WILL crave it when you are low and it is unmistakeable THIRST. try 6 cups for the next couple days.... then 8. TRY IT. I hated it at first, but now it gets me through a good portion of the day when I found myself snacking.