Back again.

Options
After losing an amazing 80lbs 1.5 years ago using nothing more than calorie counting and exercise, I thought I had my weight under control. I turned back to bad habits and quit going to the gym. I try to blame it on a bad relationship and subsequent break up, but I have no one to blame but myself.
So, after gaining over 40lbs back, I turn to the trusted fitness pal. This time is so much harder though. I can't seem to stop thinking about eating!!!! Ugh!
So, how do you all keep motivated or turn yourselves back on the right track?

Replies

• chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I started up again a little while ago and just recently started logging again. I drew a lot of motivation and power from reading this amazing article. (I swear I'm not trying to spam you)

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

It was a swift kick in the pants to say the least. It made me realize that life is short and instead of wallowing and being upset about my unhealthy lifestyle, I should just get up and do something. Right now. Saying I'll start tomorrow is just lazy. I've always been the person to put stuff off but this article... It's inspirational. Be prepared to do some soul searching, be a little offended, have a quick blast of depression and then an instant jolt of realization.
  • patesia1
    patesia1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Great article. It made me think about some things about myself. Need to get my butt in gear.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    chelle_fri wrote: »
    I started up again a little while ago and just recently started logging again. I drew a lot of motivation and power from reading this amazing article. (I swear I'm not trying to spam you)

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

It was a swift kick in the pants to say the least. It made me realize that life is short and instead of wallowing and being upset about my unhealthy lifestyle, I should just get up and do something. Right now. Saying I'll start tomorrow is just lazy. I've always been the person to put stuff off but this article... It's inspirational. Be prepared to do some soul searching, be a little offended, have a quick blast of depression and then an instant jolt of realization.

This was amazing!!! Seriously exactly what I needed to read tonight :smiley:
  • jenmagrn
    jenmagrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great article. Thanks for sharing! Now....to put it into action
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is a great article!

OP I am back again too. A few years ago I lost 25 pounds and once I got lazy and stopped logging, I slowly gained back 20 of them. I kept going to the gym but I was also shoveling an additional 1000-2000 calories in my pie hole on a daily basis. Can you imagine how much I would have gained had I quit the gym as well?!? Scary!
    So thus, I am back to square 1. And I hate it. Because I was doing so well. But no need to beat myself up over it. Time to just move forward. I just keep reminding myself of that quote that says "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard".