any tips for my feet?

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
Ok I'm doing the C25K and also JM 30 day shred. I have very good running shoes. Tongiht I did week 3 day 3 and my workout. Now I"m in bed and my feet are hurting. THey just ache and need a massage I think. ANy tips?

Replies

• traciemaurie
    Options
    Ice?
  • fivemiles
    fivemiles Posts: 14
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing, once your feet get used to it, the feeling will just go away...
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    How do you know you have good running shoes? Did you test your arch or stride? That makes a huge difference. If you're past all that, then I'd say you just need to get used to the running.. like being sore from any other workout. Massage or ice or heat could help. Or ibuprofen or tylenol or epsom's salts.
  • wiffe
    Options
    I went to our local running store and was fitted. So they are good running shoes.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Also doing JM30DS day9/level 1 and the C25K last night was week 2 day 1 (treadmill version). My legs and feet last night ached and ached. Took panadol and rubbed with linament to try and get some sleep. Then when I got up this morning my hips are so stiff and sore. I went to zumba hoping that would help, not sure if it did. Now using ice pack. Interested in your replys, hope you dont mind me tagging along.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    While typing, I'm slow. You had a few replys. Guess its ice and get use to it.
  • wiffe
    Options
    It's like my comforter is pushing my feet out so they aren't being "stretched".
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Had an appointment to see my podiatrist today anyway and spoke to him. He is also a runner. He checked my shoes they are perfect for me. He said it is probably just our bodies ajusting to the exercise and like what has already been suggested, ice, muscle rub and massage. To make sure we stretch well before hand and after. And if we need to have a rest day.