NSV why a bad day is the best day for a workout!

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
I am not usually someone that has a bad day, at least not very often. But I woke up on the wrong side of the bed after a really weird dream and it just kept going from there. Had a small tiff with my fiance just before heading off to an extremely busy and nonstop day at work. All day I kept thinking ok I am gonna jog 2.5 miles after work, well I got off late after working my butt off and basically talking myself out of that jog. I then come home to find out my fiance will be late home too. It's 5:25 and I have been in a pissy mood all day, so what to do? I went for my jog, and guess what....... I didn't think about work, my fiance, how ****ty my day was, I just kept thinking about my jog and noticing how I was getting a bit faster and a bit less tired each time I go for a jog. Before I knew it I had 4 miles done and I headed back to the house. Now I am in an awesome mood, feel really good about myself, and I earned an extra 400 calories for dinner tonight. So I urge all of you out there that are having a bad day or are just talking yourself out of a workout to stop and ask yourself if maybe your workout is just what you need to make your day better. It sure worked for me! I am disgusting, stinky, sweaty and happier than ever!

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    I LOVE how I feel after a workout, best part of my day is finishing! :) Great job!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Well, I am glad you got your day turned around for yourself! I will keep that in mind the next time I have a crazy day (and I do have plenty of them). I have had days exactly like you described! I am the one that talks myself out of the gym and then really doesn't go! I will have to convince myself! :)
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks for that kind of having a crappy day myself and was debating the workout but now I am going to make myself do it!
  • Great point! I can recall sluggish-wanna-do-nothing days that I just thought was not worth staying awake. 30 min and a couple miles later, I was ready to conquer the world! Great motivating fact, thanks for the post!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!