Getting back into it...motivation needed!

Options
Hi everyone!

I lost two stone last year through healthy eating and regular exercise, it took a while but it was the healthy way of doing it and I was ready for it mentally.

I recently split up with my partner and moved to a new city and in the last four months through no exercise at all and a shockingly bad diet, have gained a stone of it back.

I'm starting to get back into the healthy eating but my brain just isn't in it this time. Does anyone have any effective ways that motivate you to work out?

Thanks!

Replies

• Gypsyrider4221
    Gypsyrider4221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Find a challenge
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    For me, it's two things:

1) Having a deep-seated, solid "why". I would remember why I started this whole journey in the first place and how different things are this time around than in the past when I tried to "get healthy" simply to "lose weight". Having an emotional connection to my goal has been HUGE!

2) Understanding that, when it comes to goal achievement, consistency trumps motivation every time. Motivation comes and goes constantly but I remind myself on days when I truly can't see the forest for the trees that as long as I stay consistent (consistent in my workouts and consistent in my eating) that my goals WILL happen. Even if they don't happen quicker than I'd like, as long as I stayed consistent in picking myself up when I get knocked down or even just going through the motions will compound over time and I won't regret it. Does that make sense?

Feel free to friend me! :)