Overeating

Options
i keep overeating I don't stop until I eat too much and then my tummy feels so uncomfortable and I get crazy bloated I am eating a lot of food but not crazy amounts like , why do I keep overeating it's so frustrating I'm never hungry anymore I just eat . After I overeat I say right your full don't eat , but then food is always on my mind . Did this happen anyone I really need help

Replies

• lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I suggest serving your plate, then put everything away. Then turn off the kitchen light to signal to yourself that the kitchen is closed.
  • stonegirldances
    stonegirldances Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like lindz's idea. I also recommend *only* purchasing things you know either don't have many calories or, you won't want to over-do.

For me, I can't have any type of chip in the house.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I think is the most common reason people gain weight - eating when not hungry. Eating due to boredom, emotional eating, whatever. Breaking the habit can be hard but it's not impossible. Try and notice patterns of when you want to overeat and find something else to do. Play a game, do a craft, clean the kitchen, whatever takes your mind off food and keeps your hands busy.
  • bobbiecordero92
    Options
    Food is constantly on my mind I think it's the same for a lot of people. Some tips to help this problem is always eat from a plate no matter what it is. Drink a glass of water before eating and put less on your plate the chances are once you've finished your plate and thought about eating more you'll think it's better not to or you will have to physically get up and get more and then hopefully you will convince yourself it's a bad idea before your spooning more food on to your plate. Hope this helps feel free to add me.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    hmmm define overeating...

because based on your profile you want to lose 32lbs...with 6lbs lost already and based on your pic you do not need to lose any weight....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    it's just a habit...you have to break it which isn't easy, but habits can be broken. Ultimately it just takes discipline and a little time.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I took a quick cruise through your diary.

Last week you were routinely eating under 1200 calories. Your goal sometimes was only 1000-1200 calories. But your daily goal is fluctuating all over the place from day to day.

Based on your picture, I would think this is too low.

You may be uncontrollably hungry because you are not eating enough. This is going to sap your willpower until it snaps, and then you are going to eat.

What is your current height and weight?

What is your weight loss goal? Your weekly weight loss goal?

What has MFP set for you as a calorie goal?
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    read breaking free from emotional/compulsive eating by geneen roth. its a short read and it is fantastic.

don't let the title scare you away. the earlier you learn why you do the things you do the less long term struggle you will have with food.