Ben n jerry?

Options
reza787
reza787 Posts: 34 Member
What do you guys reckon if you eat 100 ml of ben n jerrys a day which is around 250 calories and 26g of carbs? Is it really that bad for only 250 calories

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i don't see food as good or bad.
    its up to you. ice cream is there to serve your satisfaction, a treat if you will. not a nutritional purpose. if you enjoy it have at it!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with fitting Ben and Jerry's into your day. It's a tasty way to fit a little extra protein and fat into your diet.

Hit your macros / micros, your calorie goals, and pay attention to any medical limitations you might have and you're good to go. :wink:

• reza787
    Options
    Haha yeah thats what i think too. Nice scoop does not hurt
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can't go to bed without ice cream. There is no good or bad food. Make it fit. Have fun
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nah- i usually do half servings- because I try to keep the ice cream count down to like 150 calories and it stretches my ice cream longer- since that ish is expensive- but it happens.

You'll be fine.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Nah- i usually do half servings- because I try to keep the ice cream count down to like 150 calories and it stretches my ice cream longer- since that ish is expensive- but it happens.

You'll be fine.

Except for last night... ;)
  • reza787
    Options
    Yeah sounds gd just fit the daily amount
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

You'll be fine.

Except for last night... ;)

truth.. it was probably 3/4 of a serving- but it just looked so sad in the bottom of the container- I didn't want to leave it!! !

It had to go!!!
  • FrownWellington
    FrownWellington Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I save my favorite flavors for days when I've worked out hard and have extra calories. But when I just need a little something, I reach for the Half Baked Froyo!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think finding a treat food that you can keep in moderation is great and almost, essential, when on a journey you are trying to live with....
    And I have to say, I have always found Ben and Jerry to be very accommodating; they don't mind if you just want a little of their company or the whole bang.......they don't bear grudges, Your body might, but they don't......
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you can fit that in every day without depriving any of your other macros/micros...eat it up. I fit treats much larger than that in on a daily basis.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My problem with that is that it's a pain to figure out a serving in ml and nutrition info that doesn't come in grams should be banned.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat it in pint increments -- keeps the math easy.

ETA: That's once or twice a year; I'm not trying to fit it into a normal days diet. Your plan to eat 250 calories worth is probably very sensible if it's not a one off splurge.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My Ben and Jerry's containers have grams as the measurement...
    Anyway, just as some perspective, I accidentally on purpose at a whole container of Ben and Jerry's salted caramel core flavor on Monday night. It was 1080 calories or something along those lines. And that was on top of my regular meals. That didn't hurt my progress (not that I do it often anyway) but if that didn't hurt, your serving definitely shouldnt. I think it's nice to have something to look forward to in the day (like a serving of ice cream after dinner or a few chocolates). No foods are good or bad :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of ice-cream or gelato with a banana is one of my favorite evening snacks. The banana makes it seem like more while still keeping the calories down and adding in some extra nutrition, since I need more potassium in my life.

My favorite Ben and Jerry's is theCore Karmel Sutra. :D I also enjoy Hazed n Confused and Cherry Garcia.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of B&J's (I like to have a half cup after dinner when I have calories to spare), but there are lots of other ice cream, gelato, and frozen yogurts I like too.
  • reza787
    Options
    Yeah thanks its true it wont harm
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have cookies and ice cream just about every night; usually 1/4 cup ice cream sandwiched between two graham crackers. I make up batches on the weekends; helps me keep the portions workable.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories then go for it! I find when I used to restrict my favorite foods (namely ice cream) it would make me binge & give up all together on trying to get healthier.

I've ate ice cream pretty regularly during my weight loss & have maintained a 150 pound weight loss for almost a year. There have been times I have overdone it & had a binge day, but then got back on track & didn't gain weight.

Today I'm going to eat a Poptart ice cream sandwich.