Close to goal

Options
do you that are close to goal find it difficult to stay motivated? I only have 8 lbs to go and I keep losing focus.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    considering that once you get there you have to maintain, no....getting to your goal is merely arriving at the starting line of the actual race...thus far you've just been practicing and hopefully learning a thing or two...the real work will start soon and lasts forever...

It's not about motivation...it's about developing and living a fitness and nutrition centric lifestyle. Motivation will always be a fleeting thing...are you always motivated to do the dishes or laundry...probably not...but you do them anyways right...because they need doing? The same goes for living this kind of lifestyle...you do because it needs to be done...it's that simple...it has nothing to do with being motivated.
  • marilynrene
    marilynrene Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    do you that are close to goal find it difficult to stay motivated? I only have 8 lbs to go and I keep losing focus.

• marilynrene
    marilynrene Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had 1.5 pounds to go for my first goal and instead of losing it, I've gained two pounds I feel terrible. When I finally do reach my initial goal of losing thirty two punds, I'm going to try and lose another five pounds. But one goal at a time! Its been a week and I can't shake off the extra two pounds.
  • starlitewilliams
    Options
    very close.....8 pounds away, but its taking forever......finally changing my routine to get my body back to losing and toning.....
  • mnborka
    mnborka Posts: 8
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds since last October but I'm still not where I want to be. I want to tone up, I'm at the point where the number on the scale doesn't really bother me so long as I feel good, but I don't feel good yet. I want to be comfortable for the first time in my life and it feels so impossible. I'm eating right, but I feel like I'm just at a massive plateau
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replays everyone.

@cwolfman13 - that is so true about motivation. Some things just need to be done whether we are motivated or not. Good point.