Under Calorie Goal

Options
Luvlee85
Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
My question is if I eat under my calorie goal should I lower my goal or eat a late night snack to balance out my goal. Can someone help me with this?

Replies

• star1783
    star1783 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm under my calorie goal, but over my protein and fat. So I guess you just have to do what your body needs?
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt lower you calorie goal. It will ask you to lower it when you have lost a certian amount of weight.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    if i come in under my calorie goal i leave it. it's that many extra calories i'm not taking in which means extra fat lost. my max goal is 1500 hundred so i try to stay between 1200 and 1500 a day but i never go over and if i eat under 1500 i don't eat more to make up to it. likewise, if i bank calories because of a workout, i don't eat extra to make up those calories.
  • bman756
    bman756 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a problem being over on sodium alot but under on calories go figure!!!!:)
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lower it. If you're not fueling your body enough, and for each person that is a different amount, you won't lose the weight you want to lose.
    I am usually a bit under my calorie goal, but I intentionally go way over on protein, and I'm usually a bit over on fiber.
    I try to eat a night time snack to help with morning hunger, but do what works for you. I am hypoglycemic, so a protein shake or a greek yogurt work great for me as snacks. High protein will keep me full through the night until breakfast.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think your calories have a lot more to do with how you feel... This site gives a pretty good target for most people... not very short people, but most average height people. You should end up with a net calorie in-take within 150 calories of your suggested daily target. For instance, say you have a 1500 calorie target. You exercise and burn 300 calories... your new daily target is 1800... so if you eat between 1800-1350 you will be fine.

Also, read this about Starvation Mode from Weight Watchers http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
  • Abingh20
    Abingh20 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Luvlee :) I have always been told that it is fine to dip underneath your calorie goal as long as the goal isn't below 1200 cals a day. 1200 is the lowest you want to go or your body will try to plateau your weightloss. Im 100 cals under right now and im trying to raid my fridge for a healthy choice to get just above it. Good luck and I hope that helps alittle. :-P
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would eat and make it a low carb snack. : )
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would rather stay a bit under, that way if one day I want a little extra I dont feel like I am missing my target goal.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat all my calories for the day, but I don't go under 1200 either. If I work out I may use a few of them but I don't eat all my workout Calories. I have my calories set at a 2 lb a week lose so they are not high anyway, 1350 a day. I've gotten pretty good at keeping my cals about the same each day. Good Luck!