Anyone use Fitbit and MFP

Options
I'm really confused , I synced the two , did my Normal cardio workout using my Fitbit (showed 53 "active minutes " ) when I open my fitness pal though the calorie adjustment between the two apps is 0. What gives? Even just using iPhone steps it would adjust but with Fitbit it stays at 0 . Even though I burned almost 400 calories of cardio?? Help?

Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    There's a fitbit group on here that you can go to. There's probably a lot of people in that group that know how to help you out.
  • jsanford76
    jsanford76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    pavich87 wrote: »
    I'm really confused , I synced the two , did my Normal cardio workout using my Fitbit (showed 53 "active minutes " ) when I open my fitness pal though the calorie adjustment between the two apps is 0. What gives? Even just using iPhone steps it would adjust but with Fitbit it stays at 0 . Even though I burned almost 400 calories of cardio?? Help?

Did you log your exercise in your app? Either one? First off only log in one app or the other! Second off if you do log your exercise, you now have to get above what is burned in your logging, before you get a calorie adjustment. Thirdly, what activity level do you have MFP set to in your settings, you will have to get more activity that what your level is set to to get an additional adjustments. These are the things I can think of off the top of my head without knowing your settings.
  • aComputerHero
    aComputerHero Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think the best bet for people using a Fitbit is to set their activity level in MFP to sedentary and let the Fitbit decide how active you are.
  • kendra_mcmurray
    kendra_mcmurray Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm confused too but slowly understanding the activity estimates vs. actual activity recorded!
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/906763-why-am-i-not-getting-a-fitbit-calorie-adjustment-