The scale says I'm losing, but clothes fit no different and not losing body fat or inches??

Options
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I'm under my calorie goals most day due to exercising and drink plenty of water. The scale has gone down, but I have not lost any body fat or any inches. What could be going on?!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?

It takes a while for the body to catch up to the scale sometimes.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Weight is a funny thing. Stick around and you'll see the exact opposite posts ("I haven't lost any weight, but my clothes are looser and it seems I've lost inches here and there. What am I doing wrong?")

If you know you're under your calorie goals overall, and those goals and your logging are accurate, you're almost certainly shedding some fat. Keep at it. Reassess in four or six weeks. At least your scale weight is moving, right?
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You've just lost 6 lbs, am I right? If that is the case then give it time. Even if that is not the case, give it time. :smiley:
  • nephilim_dreams
    nephilim_dreams Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that; I've lost 14lbs/1 stone so far and my 'tester' pair of jeans fits no differently! I think it can take a while so we just need to give it time and stick it out :smile:
  • TammyToes03
    TammyToes03 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 pounds and clothes fit no different so far
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 30lbs and my clothing still fits the same. What does fit different are my rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc...You won't always lose weight in your waist, hips, and other area most want the weight to come off from. It'll come off from all over the place and you can't really help it from doing that. Just continue to enjoy the numbers going down. It'll even out eventually.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    8 kg and I'm not noticing a difference yet. I even tried on a skirt this morning that I thought I should be able to wear by now ... nope. I could get into it, but it wouldn't have been comfortable all day.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It takes a good 20 or so lbs to see any difference if you have a lot to lose. The first 10 is often water and a little fat. Keep at it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    20 lbs down and not much difference in how my clothes fit, except my pants are a little baggy in the lower butt region.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Amusingly enough, after my first 15 my clothes didn't seem to fit dufferentky, but my shoes starting falling off. Not kidding! The next 5 pounds and my long lost waist made an appearance again. You'll get there...
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Lower your sodium intake it will prevent your body from retaining water = less bulging weight
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The scales say you are losing weight so all is good. You don't have control where the fat lose comes from so maybe you are just losing it from places that you don't notice a change in the way your clothes fit. However if you keep at it you will eventually.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Took me 20 pounds to start getting back into my old fat fat clothes again. Am giving my fat fat fat clothes to Goodwill, and will do so with my fat fat clothes that are finally starting to get too big. Can't wait to fit into my fat clothes! Oooooh, then my skinny fat clothes!
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    yup. same here. I have lost 12 lbs and just today I looked in the mirror and thought maybe my clothes arent as tight as they used to be. Im working out 6 days a week for an hr + and using weights I thought after a few lbs Ide see this huge difference . For me, i think it might be good for my mind to not see such a huge difference since its making me work harder towards my goal of 25lbs!
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Took me 20 pounds to start getting back into my old fat fat clothes again. Am giving my fat fat fat clothes to Goodwill, and will do so with my fat fat clothes that are finally starting to get too big. Can't wait to fit into my fat clothes! Oooooh, then my skinny fat clothes!

lol this made me laugh. I totally get what you're talking about too :p
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I love how you categorize your clothes! :smile:

35187835.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You have a very small amount of weight to lose so it won't show up quite as fast as a larger weight loss goal. I dropped a good 20-25 lbs before I could see or feel a difference in my clothes. Stick with it slow and steady to the goal.

Yoda would be proud of you. Great attitude and perseverance will take you far.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I demand instant results NOW!

Is that the feeling anyone else gets from threads like this? :smiley: (smiley to make it clear I am joking and not abusing people.)

Not sure how much the OP has lost, I think someone mentioned 6 pounds lost. That's a great start but it's going to take time. Be patient.

Imagine 6 pounds of peanut butter smeared all over your body. It's not going to be a very thick layer is it? Your fat lost isn't going to be targeted in your hips etc it's going to be from all over, your knee caps, your eye lids, your fingers etc
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I am doing wrong. I'm under my calorie goals most day due to exercising and drink plenty of water. The scale has gone down, but I have not lost any body fat or any inches. What could be going on?!

According to your ticker, you have lost about 8 pounds and have 7 to go, or something like that? That really is not much weight to lose, and you might not feel the difference in your clothes until you are closer to goal, or at least to goal. Everybody is different, but I didn't notice a change in clothing until I'd lost ten pounds or more.

You're losing weight, so keep doing what you're doing.
  • gwenpally
    gwenpally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, lost 5kg so far and although I do feel smaller, my clothes are pretty much the same! It's a shame that you would notice if you put on a few pounds but it doesn't work the same way when losing a few! Keep at it, the inches are bound to come off eventually! :)

Did anyone notice a great difference if they started with diet and then upped the ante with exercise?