body pain in workout

Options
Guys can i ask something again? How to lessen body pain because of workout?

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    That ache tells you that you pushed yourself. I've been working out for 3 years...but I still have sore muscles after some of my workouts.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There are different kinds of pain. Muscle pain I characterize as "good"; that's the burning sensation you get when you push past your normal limits. After a workout like that, you'll be stronger later.

You can reduce this sort of pain by doing your stretches before and after.

Now, joint or tendon pain mean dial it back now! You don't want to spend months recovering from that sort of injury.
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Soreness is part of any good workout! Make sure it's soreness and not other kind of pain. If something hurts and feels painful then that's not soreness. When you stretch your sore body, it should feel great! If it does not, then you may want to see a doctor. I have been a gym goer for now 8 years.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have found that taking Ibuprofen before the workout can help to reduce soreness afterwards. Less of a problem for me these days but I remember when I first started aikido there being in a lot of pain for a while. Of course looking back I also realize that I was pushing my body a little too far to fast. But after a few months things got better.
  • camz15
    camz15 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you so much guys