I need motivation

Options
CindyR81
CindyR81 Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm married and get no support from my husband. He says I'm perfect but since getting married I gained 20lbs and just dont feel comfortable in my body. I want to get back to the body he met me in. Marriage really makes you gain weight!

Replies

• Army_Ant_200
    Army_Ant_200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do it for you! If you feel like you need to be better, go be better. Don't wait for anyone....
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    First off, make a commitment to yourself (just as you did with your mate). The commitment will be your motivation. You don't lack motivation to not cheat on your mate, do you? If you make a similar commitment to your health, you won't need motivation to not cheat on you. Then you'll accept a lifestyle that fits your commitment.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Significant others can be difficult on a weight loss journey :/

Definitely make sure that you're losing weight for you, and just remind yourself of that. Every decision you make regarding food/activity is going to take you closer to or further from your goal. Keep that in mind when you're planning meals, running errands, whatevs. Willpower is hard work, but it's worth it.
  • CindyR81
    CindyR81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess it is a mental thing too. I appreciate the advice!
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Make a schedule where workout is incorporated in it. It has to be a priority! And, then follow that schedule. No excuses!!! Unless you are sick!
  • mnborka
    mnborka Posts: 8
    Options
    I feel you, except it's with my boyfriend. And I live with my best friends so we love a good meal together. I'm lacking motivation, but I really want that bikini body. Im here for u!
  • juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. It's always hard living with a significant other. My lifestyle has definitely changed since moving in with my bf and we do like our adult beverages a little too much. That's the major reason for the extra weight we both should work harder on getting rid of. Yes - It's very hard to stay motivated when your partner isn't on the same page. But summer is almost here so lets get motivated! :)