New "Before & Now" Picture - It's a Lifestyle...not a DIET!

Options
2»

Replies

• kimphillips36
    kimphillips36 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi Kim, read your blog and am amazed that so many (almost ALL) of your foods/groceries/snacks/products AND your starting weight are almost exactly the same as mine.

I did low carb in Dec 2003 lost almost a 100lbs, met my husband and slowly gained it back..cause I myself was not able to maintain the low carb for life..I've tried WW a couple of times, but in Jan of 2010, started WW again and from Jan to Aug lost almost 40 lbs..then had emergency appendectomy..and since, have gained 10 lbs back. I decided I needed to once and for all make this a lifestyle change, and joined the Biggest Loser Club online..I'm using it as a guideline, but using MFP as my true log/database of info etc..and I also got a Body Bug and that has been motivating the heck out of me. The last thing I did, was to change my attitude about the process, stop being so darned obsessed, and if I fail at one meal/workout, throw in the towel and say screw it I'll start next week..

I'm on week 4 of trying to eat well each and every day, and if I dont, not to beat myself to a pulp over it, and the very next meal, making that better choice. Also in week 4 of getting up at 4:30am a minimum of 4 days a week during the workweek and hitting the gym with my friend. While I've only lost about 3 lbs in this timeframe, I KNOW that weight training is going to add some "weight" and that eventually it will balance out, so again, changing my attitude about the "process"..and I'm feeling pretty darn good about the whole thing.

I subscribed to your blog, and am looking forward to continued tips/tips/motivation, and would love it if you wanted to add me as a friend..
    I am curious, since your start weight etc is so close to mine..how tall are you :

Wow!! Thank you for sharing with me! I will definitely add you as a friend for support here on MFP! It sounds like we've gone through similar things in our weight loss journey. I'm 5' 8" (36 yrs old). My starting weight was 247 lbs and I'm currenlty 185.8.
    Thank you for following my blog too!!

Kim
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    I'm loving your blog!!! It's funny how identical our grocery lists are too. Thanks for the inspiration, and CONGRATS on your incredible livestyle change!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it! I have no doubt our grocery lists are identical!! lol :smile: You are also looking fantastic with your weight loss...congrats!!
  • bonini88
    bonini88 Posts: 8
    Options
    way to go!!
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Kim! I know you feel great!
  • wicklessgal
    wicklessgal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your blog. You are such an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    I loved reading your blog. You are such an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!

Thank you!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the good work! i will make sure to read the blog. Thanks!!!

Thank you!!
  • ajfro
    ajfro Posts: 26
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful Kim. I love the picture of you and your beautiful daughter. Congrats on your journey! I am well on my way there, even with the bumps in the road!

Thanks for sharing
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. You inspire me!!!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. You inspire me!!!!

Thank you! You can do it!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    You look wonderful Kim. I love the picture of you and your beautiful daughter. Congrats on your journey! I am well on my way there, even with the bumps in the road!

Thanks for sharing

Awww...thank you!! You can do it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!