Cravings

Options
I have a problem. I'm having a difficult time stopping the cravings. I need some serious help. If you have tried something that really helped you, please share. It's only so much water you can drink. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You can't stop them, and you can't ignore them or they'll never go away.
    You kind of just have to learn to accept them. I will literally say out loud "I'm craving chocolate, but I'm choosing not to have any."

Unless I've hit my macros and have calories left. Then I just enjoy what I'm craving within my calorie allowance.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Either develop some willpower, or find a way to make it fit into your calorie goal.
  • michellerose2015
    michellerose2015 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I know some people are not big gum chewers, but if you are craving something you can pop in a piece of gum. This works for me sometimes. Distract yourself is the best way. Take a power nap. Or brush your teeth, gargle mouth wash- you wouldnt want to eat after that.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You can make it fit into your day. I usually set aside some calories to allow for a treat in the evening (whatever my "thing" is at the time).

If I'm craving something a little more difficult to fit into my day, I'll wait. If the craving is still there after 3 or 4 days, then I'll figure out how to make it fit at least within my weekly goal. It's not a perfect system, but it's working well enough for now.