Polar H7

Options
I just bought a polar H7, and I had a few questions from people who have it....Does it store data at all? I just found out (because of the H7..) That the bluetooth on my phone doesn't work, so I have it paired to my ipad. Obviously I don't want to lug my ipad around on a run, so it would be nice to know if I don't have to. Also, are the calories displayed total calories burnt, or just additional to the BMR?

Replies

• Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh I also have a polar loop, can it display the calories there maybe?
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the H7 stores data. If I'm not mistaken it only transfers data via bluetooth. You can connect it to your Loop however, I don't think you will be able to see the calorie burn until you sync with Polar Flow.
  • verdejt
    verdejt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No the H7 doesnt store any data. It can pair with your Loop and you and see your heart rate and calories burned but in order to more specific heart rate data you need to sync it with Polar Flow to see that. Once your phone is working you can use the Polar Beat app and it will pair with your H7. Keep in mind that these devices are Bluetooth smart which means it can only pair with one device at a time. Your H7 does have gym link as well which means that if your gym equipment is Polar compatible it will show your heart rate right on the equipment. This is automatic and there is no pairing necessary.
  • Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info :)